About the IDB Prize:
Each year The Islamic Development Bank offers this prize to attract international attention to the vital role the woman play in the developing their community.
Prize Details and description:
Deadline: November 30, 2017
Two cash awards are consisted in the prize that will be awarded during annual meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.
- $50,000 for a woman or a group of the women
- $100,000 for an organisation
Nominated Individuals and organisations should :
- Exhibit projects that have contributed to the improvement to the socio-economic status and well being of society.
- have projects/activities that are outstanding, innovative and unique
- have mechanism for expanding their projects/activities to surrounding areas to ensure their services are offered to as many beneficiaries as possible.
- have sustainable project.
- Be resident of IDB member countries
- Be a woman
- have activities that have proven to be effective
- have developed or be actively involved in projects / activities that are innovative.
- have work that is exemplary and worthy of emulation.
- Be nominated by an organisation
- serve as a role model for other women
- Be Not for profit institution.
- should be legally registered and work in IDB member countries or Muslim Communities in non Muslim countries
- Have women in the decision making level of the organisation
- Hold values and principles and run operations that do not conflict with those of the IDB
- Support projects/activities that clearly highlight the role of women in bringing about peace and stability
- be nominated by an independent organisation.
IDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-Muslim countries can apply
To apply to this award please download the brochure, fill the nomination form and send them along with other supporting documents to the email:Prizeforwomen@isdb.org
- Nomination form
- copy of legal registration ( only for organisation)
- letter of recommendation from nominating organisation ( only for organisation)
- two reference letters
- supporting documentation on organisation
- supporting documentation on projects related to the topic
- annual report ( only for organisation)
for more information please visit IDB Website