Asia Foundation is a non profit international development organization, is improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia.
Fellowship Program Summary:
Asia Foundation Development Fellows is an emerging leadership for Asia’s future program. The aim of this fellowship is to provide highly qualified, young professionals from Asia. and to enhance leadership skills, international exposure for Asian professionals.
this program targets and invest in:
- Extra ordinary young people
- NGO and civil Society leaders
- Government officials and Policy makers
- Social Entrepreneurs, journalist, environmentalists and academics.
Number of Fellows: 12, this number may increase in the subsequent year.
The program is comprised of the following five components:
- The Leadership training program offered in partnership with the Korea Development Institute (KDI) School of Public Policy and Management in South Korea.
- The workshop on Asian Development, held each year in a different Asian nation.
- A two-week leadership dialogue and study tour opportunity in the U.S
- A flexible professional development stipend/award of $5,000
- A mentoring component allowing Fellows to tap into The Asia Foundation’s extensive human resource and thematic expertise.
This program covers all expenses:
- Costs for coursework and programming
- Airfares and local transportation
- lodging and meals,
- Visa Fees
- Health and Accident insurance.
- Award up to $5,000 for personalized professional development plan.
You must be:
- Under The Age 40, by January 1, 2018
- Be able to participate in all components of the program
- Have a demonstrable record of high experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise- governance and law, economic development, women empowerment, environment and regional cooperation..
- respected, thoughtful, committed and inspirational young leaders in your professional fields and within your larger community
- Be Conversant in English ( TOEFL exam results are not required)
- Be citizen of the following countries:Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Timor-Leste.
Application deadline: November 20, 2017 (Monday, 11:59 pm PST)
Selection: January 2018
South Korea Leadership Training program, Sri lanka – workship on Asian Development: April 14-29, 2018
USA – Leadership Dialogue and Exchange: September 16- October 1, 2018
The application period starts each year in the fall. To apply please download the Application Guideline and Complete the the following component of Application:
- Personal information
- Written Submission
- Short Video
- Letters of Recommendation ( handled online)
For more information please visit the Official Link
for further queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org