If you are a graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the United States, you can apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship.
Degree: masters/ doctoral degree
This fellowship provides funding for masters and doctoral degree.
- fees and books
- partial funding for:
- health insurance and
- incidental expenses.
- Funding for field study and conference presentations
You must be from one of the following countries:
USA , countries in the Pacific and Asia includingAfghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka,China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russian, Taiwan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippenies, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- You must have a 4 year bachelor degree.
- must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) in the last four semesters or six quarters of the bachelor.
EWC Graduate Degree Fellowships (GDF) support graduated study at the University of Hawai’i (UH).
You need to apply for admission to UH Manoa (UHM) graduate department simultaneously, when you apply to the EWC.
You can download and fill the forms linked bellow, and send them to the East-West Center before December 1, 2017
Download all the form and instructions from HERE
- Application form
- official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- a cover letter,
- a resume
- an essay responses regarding your long-range goals, biographical essay, your involvement in civic engagement and community service activity
- UH departmental statement of objectives for the academic programs to which you are applying
- TOEFL or IELTS if applicable
For more information please visit the East-West Center Website