Call for Application is open for Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Residency program. If you are holding a bachelor’s degree in STEM fields with strong technical skills and background, you can apply for Facebook Research Program. In this program the participant is paired with a senior researcher or engineer who is your mentor in the one year research training in order to prepare him/her for Machine learning graduate program with opportunity of achieving great experience in Machine learning research.
Details of the Program:
- Location: New York, USA
- Type of Job: Research and Full time
- Duration: 1 year
- Salary: competitive Salary
Deadline: January 26, 2018
Interview Notification: February 16, 2018
Admission: March 5, 2018
Acceptance offer deadline: April 20, 2018
Start of the program: August, 2018
End of the program: August, 2019
- Understanding the research performance in AI and deep learning
- Prior work and existing literature learning
- Academic writing of research results and submitting them to conferences and related areas.
- Idea translation in to practical code
- Working with Mentors for problem identification.
The applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and other STEM fields (Economics, Finance, Computational social science,
- Experience in programming languages ( Python, C/ C++
- Training completion in the Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability or any other equivalent.
- Knowledge of Pytorch, Caffe, Theano, or Tensor Flow
- Actionable and clear Communication ability in complex research.
The applicants having strong math, engineering, statistics, or machine learning skills, along with research experience in Machine learning or AI will be preferred.
How to Apply
The applicant can apply online considering the points below:
- Application form completion
- Include the required documents
Those who passes the primary application review, will be notified to provide recommendation letter and to be interviewed.
Required Documents ( PDF)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae including the significant coding experience, researches, publications, and Machine learning competition you have participated.
- Transcript of your degrees along with the equivalency in US GPA degree if you are applying from outside US.
- Personal statement
For more information please visit the official website of Facebook research.