About Filmmakers without borders grant:
It is FWB’s pleasure to offer grants to the film projects produced by novice and experienced filmmakers from around the world, which are of any type such as narrative, documentary or new projects matching the specified themes. If you are a film maker willing to get a grant for making a film in social justices, empowerment or other related areas, you can apply to this great grant opportunity offered by Filmmakers Without Borders.
This grant includes all the process of the film:
- Development: $250, $500, or $1000
- Production: $500, $1000, $2500, or $5000
- Post-production: $250, $500, $1000, or $2500
- Film Festival Applications: $100, $250, or $500
Not included: Salaries, & equipment
Spring deadline: January 1st
Summer deadline: June 1st
Fall deadline: August 1st
- Can be from any country
- Be above than 18 years old.
- Skilled in relevant digital technologies.
- Provide samples of their work.
Applicants can make their films in one of the following area:
- Cultural exchange
- Social justice
- Women and youth voices
- Climate change
Proposed projects’ requirements:
- Funds are only given to the film project (not to salaries or other expenses)
- Should be completed within one year of application deadline
- Can be short film projects(6-40 minutes), feature film projects(90+ minutes), or new media projects
- Narrative, documentary, Animation or experimental
- English subtitle
Supporting Materials: (must be in English)
- A link to work samples, previous projects, or a portfolio
- Outline of your proposed project (5-10 page)
- A reference letter from a mentor, community leader, employer, or teacher in support of your specific film project.
- A 3-5 minute video essay to introduce themselves, describe the project, and explain how it will be successfully completed.
- Three short-answer essays answering to the following questions:
- How does your film project demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity? (1-2 pages)
- Why does this specific story need to be told and why are you the best person to tell it? (1-2 pages)
- How does your film project address your chosen theme? Include a minimum of x5 examples. (at least two pages)
- An estimated budget for each of the stages of production and development
How to apply:
The application and supporting documents must be completed and submitted online. Unsuccessful applicants are informed about their result in 6 weeks after the deadline. Formal offers will be sent to successful candidates after 1-2 months.
For more information please visit the FilmMakers without Borders