British Embassy Kabul
Details of job:
Position title: procurement and finance manager
Organization: British Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary: $2606.10
Closing date: 25 April 2018
Start Date: 1 June 2018
- 100 dollar transport
- 125 dollarmedical allowances
- Yearly performance-related bonus
- An annual leave of 25 days per year
- A multicultural environment
- Learning and development opportunities
- Transportation (female only)
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Job position holder is mainly responsible to provide an efficient procurement process.
- Perform a leading role in all purchase requests; fix the estimated price from the UK and elsewhere
- Cooperation with the Regional Procurement Hub in New Delhi;
- Compare the prices which suppliers give with the market and merge spend to decrease in paying;
- Make sure that all logistics are in accordance with the statutory and internal audit requirements.
- Regular management of low value contracts up to £25000;
- Help with Deputy Heads of Corporate Services (DHCS) in worthier contract management;
- Check suppliers’ efficiency and evaluation of already made contracts to ensure the quality of service
- Make sure that the terms of contracts are met by having an effective relation with suppliers and internal customers
- Talk to the DHCS effectively to solve any difficult issues
- Use Oracle based applications to analyze and predict spend
- Precise budgeting through cooperation with budget holders
- Cooperation with the regional finance hub in Delhi.
Qualifications and experience:
- Have more than 3 years of experience in customer service, procurement and finance.
- Knowledge of Dari and English with translation skills
- Knowledge of Computer and Microsoft office programs
- Preferable: CIPS qualification, experience in contract management, familiarity to Oracle based budgeting tools
- Communication and leadership skills, Cooperation and Management
How to apply:
Applicants must submit all of the following documents online:
- Online Job Application Form
- Write your motivation statement in the application form (maximum 600 words) about your important qualities that match this position
Note: We pleasurably welcome applications by women who meet the qualifications and requirements for the job as we are providing a suitable working environment for all.
Application Deadline: 25th April, 2018 midnight.
For more information please visit British Embassy job portal
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/user-1900845/xf-2b5c9c1d940f/candidate/eform/2672833/page/1 →