Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is recruiting new employees for the procurement assistant positions. Afghan citizens who hold a bachelor degree can apply to this career opportunities.
The successful applicants will work in a development project named Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2), funded IFAD is aimed to improve food, security and economic status of poor village families in Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar provinces through supporting institutions and services, develop productivity and output, and practical, enhancement of useful agriculture.
Details and other info
Job title: Procurement Assistant
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock
Closing date: 22 May 2018
Number of vacancies: 3
Work type: Full Time
Salary range: As per NTA Salary Scale Policy
Years of Experience: 2 years
Contract Duration: 1 year
Extension Possibility: yes
Probation Period: 3 Months
Job Location: Balkh, Herat, Nangarhar
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Obtains procurement Requests through the Provincial Coordinator everyday
- Request for Quotations (RFQs) preparation and sending to the vendors
- Helps the committee open the received quotations
- Manages quotations evaluation in cooperation with the technical component staff
- Purchase agreements and comparative statement preparation
- Obtains invoices and pay through Finance department
- Cash prepayment and replenishments getting
- Procurement tracking sheets maintenance
- Shopping procedures carry out
- Maintain all administrative procedures during the meetings, proposal meeting
- Help Provincial Coordinator, procurement staff and the committee in bid evaluation.
- Keeping and managing both paper and electronic record system
- Any other procurement or project related duties
- Direct reporting to provincial extension coordinator
- Work under the overall supervision of senior Procurement Specialist
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must hold a bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, and Agriculture.
- 2 years’ experience with Bachelor and 4 years of relevant experience with high School Diploma of working in project procurement
- Applicants who has previously worked in donor-funded projects will be given priority
- Excellent Knowledge of English language
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft
- Ability to travel to provinces
To apply, interested individuals may submit their CV with a cover letter Human Resource Directorate of MAIL at the following email address. Also applicants are required to mention position title and reference (Procurement Assistant-MAIL-003-018) in the subject line of the email. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org