Application start: March 20, 2018
Application Close: May 4, 2018
Level of Study: Master degree
Field of study: Development related field
Institution: Any recognized university/college
Duration of scholarship: maximum two years
Start of the program: Autumn 2018/2019
The OPEC Fund for International Development ( OFID) offers annual scholarships for the young students who are graduating their undergraduate programs, or have completed their bachelor’s degree.
This scholarship is designed for graduated studies. Students from developing countries (not OFID member countries) who are able to get admission for their master degree studies from any accredited university are welcome to apply.
OFID Scholarship value:
One of the most significant factor that makes a scholarship important is its value that covers the expenses. OFID Scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Full Tuition fee
- One round trip airfare
- Health insurance
- Monthly stipend for one year
Related: SAARC Master Scholarship
The applicants from developing countries except OFID member countries who get admission to a master program and meeting the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Be highly motivated
- Not be citizen of Algeria, Indonesia, Iran, Ecuador, Gabon, Kuwait, Libya, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Venezuela, Qatar
- Age between 23-32 years old at the time of applications
- Hold a bachelor degree or be graduating.
- Having at least 3 GPA or higher of 4
- Get admitted for the upcoming year in a full time master degree ( August/September 2018)
The applicants must provide the following documents at the time of the application:
- Online application form
- Educational Certificate/transcripts
- Acceptance letter for the university or college you intend to continue your master degree
- Language proficiency
- Essay- the reason of applying for OFID Scholarship, educational goal, the way you use the education for the development of your country
- Two recommendation letters
How to apply
You can apply online using the OFID online application form, upload your required documents and submit it before May 4, 2018.