A great scholarship opportunity is offered by US Embassy in Kabul for Afghan Students to study their bachelor’s degree in American University of Afghanistan (AUAF). If you are a female student with high qualifaction or male/female US alumni you can apply for this scholarship. Alumni students can be from one the following US exchange program:
- YES program,
- Lincoln Learning Center English courses and
- English Access Mircroscholarship program.
Details of the scholarship
- Organisation: US embassy in Kabul and AUAF
- Level of Study: Undergraduate degree
- English Language Exam Location: Kabul, Herat, Bamyan, Mazar-e-Sharif
- Exam date in Kabul: February 20, 2018
Applicants must successfully complete the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an English exam administered by AUAF.
Applicants who do not have an official IELTS or TOEFL score may take an English placement test offered by AUAF in Kabul, Mazar-e Sharif, Bamyan, or Herat.
The test in Kabul will be offered on Tuesday, February 20 at the AUAF campus in Kabul. For information about taking the test in Mazar-e Sharif, Bamyan, or Herat, please contact the AUAF admissions office directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 0797200400 or 0794800400.
Who can apply
Applicants are required to adhere to the scholarship eligibility guidelines provided by the U.S. Embassy. You must:
- Be an Afghan citizen
- Meet all AUAF admissions requirements
- Not have been admitted to AUAF degree programs
Who can not apply
- Employees, spouse or dependent child of an employee of the United States Government.
- the scholarship should be relinquished, any time the applicant become an employee of US. government or you become a spouse of an employee of US government.
- Admitted students to AUAF degree programs or other institutions
Note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to report truthfully his/her employment status to the Office of Admissions before applying for a scholarship. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to report to the Office of Finance any changes in his/her employment status after receiving the scholarship. Failure to do so will result in sanctions and could lead to expulsion.
How to apply
In order to apply for this program, there are three kinds of applicants,
- If you already have a certified IELTS or TOFEL score, please contact the AUAF admissions office directly via email at email@example.com or by phone at 0797200400 or 0794800400.
- Applicants required for taking English exam and want to do it in Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, or Bamyan. They can apply by direct contacting AUAF admissions by the email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0797200400 or 0794800400
- Applicants required for taking English exam and want to do it in Kabul by American University of Afghanistan. They can apply online here