There scholarships offered by the United States embassy in Kabul for the Afghan students to study their bachelor degree in American university of central Asia (AUCA).
US embassy in Kabul funds this scholarship program. This is fully funded scholarship that covers all the expenses during your studies at AUCA. This scholarship is allocated only for the females and US government exchange programs graduates (YES, ACCESS, YSEL, LEAP, CFS, etc. )
Scholarship provided by: US embassy in Kabul
Institution: American university of central Asia
Duration of the Scholarship: 4 years of study + 1 year preparatory program
Number of scholarships: 12 (8 for females, 4 for males/females)
Deadline: May 20, 2018
This is a fully funded scholarship that covers the following:
- Full tuition fee
- One round trip expenses each academic year
- Medical care
- Monthly stipend of $200 for the food expenses
Who can apply
Any afghan students who meets the following requirements can apply:
- Obtain/Have obtained the high school graduation certificate (Shahadatnama ) at the time of applying
- Be living in Afghanistan when the application starting and processing
- First year university students
- Have English language proficiency (oral and written)
- Show the evidence of commitment to return back to their home countries after the completion of their studies.
- Have leadership potential, professional aptitude and academic excellence
- Ability to start their studies in September 2018
Note: those who are living, working or studying outside of Afghanistan, the students who have not completed their high school, and the 2nd year’s students of universities are not eligible to apply to this scholarship. US. Citizens, and employees of US embassy and AUCA/ AUAF cannot apply.
How to apply
Applicants can apply following the steps below:
- Download the application form
- Fill it according to the guideline, upload your picture, and write the personal essay and statement of purpose.
- Email your completed application form along with the scan of high school certificate and transcripts (Shahadatnama) to the submission email. Do not forget to Write in the subject line of your email following the format and instruction below: Last Name _ First Name_ Current location: City & Province.
Submission email: email@example.com
Note: the students who do not have shahadatnama, can provide officially approved three years school grades (certified by school and provincial education directorate)
Applicants are required to participate AUCA exam. Qualified candidates will be notified by email or phone to participate in the examination.
Location of exam:
- Balkh: for northern region
- Nangarhar: for eastern area
- Hirat: for wester region
- Kandahar: southern region
- Bamyan and Kabul: central region
Students who pass the exam will be invited to an interview in US embassy or AUCA.
For more information please Visit AUCA