Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 10
Duration 7 Mon Ths
IDLG was established by a Presidential decree in June 2007. It reassigned the responsibilities of the Civil Administration unit of the Ministry of the Interiors to a newly-built independent directorate. The responsibility for supporting Provincial Councils was also delegated to IDLG through that Presidential decree, making a sole structure responsible for sub‐national governance in Afghanistan.
Position Title: Call Operator
Job Location: Kabul
Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: As per the salary policy
Vacancy #: REACH/IDLGHR/008
No of Positions: 10
Contract duration: Seven months
Working experience: 2 years
Expiry date: 19 October 2020
About the CCNPP and Reach/ Dastar Khan-e- Mili Project:
The Citizens’ Charter is an inter-ministerial, multi-sectorial NPP, where Ministries have collaborated to provide basic services to urban and rural communities across the country.
The REACH/Dastar Khan-e- Mili project is designed to provide relief to the urban and rural communities in need to reduce the poverty level in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The REACH Project is divided into four COMPONENTS, as follows:
Ist C: REACH Rural
2nd C: REACH Urban
3rd C: REACH Kabul
4th C: Project Management, Communication, and Monitoring
IDLG is responsible for the Management of component 2 of the REACH program in the fourteen cities. The incumbents will work in the realm of this project as Call Operators.
- Answer incoming calls
- Respond to basic questions regarding the program or where to gain information
- Enter all incoming complaints into the complaint registration book and database
- Classify all incoming grievances
- Refer the analyzed protest to the related entities
- Connect calls to appropriate resources
- Document all call information in line with standard operating procedures.
- Follow up on complainant calls.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to callers, clarifying possible solutions, and ensuring that the complainant feels supported and valued.
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant data to cope with complaints and inquiries.
- Feed the result back to the complainant
- Produce reports on a daily basis to the supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- 12th Grade/High School along with 2 years of experience
How to apply?
Qualified interested afghan applicants can submit their updated CV with a comprehensive Application Letter, including a phone number or address. Please email your application to:
Submission Email: [email protected]
Please include the [vacancy number, position title, and the job location you are applying for] in the subject line of your email, or else your application would be turned down.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for a written test.
Note: female applicants are strongly welcome to apply for these positions.