Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Duration 6 Months
Language of Instruction EnglishPersian
About the Institute:
Founded in 2006, the French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a genuine public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital.
Position Title: Trainee- Registered “Nurse and Midwife)
Employment type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul
Functional area: Nursing
Salary: As per the Organization’s Salary Policy
Vacancy number: FMIC/HR/308
Organization: French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC)
Years’ of experience: No (Fresh)
Contract duration: 6 months
Contract type: Internship
Probationary period: There months
Date closed: 28 Feb 2021
FMIC is looking for ten applicants as nurse or midwifery trainees. It offers unique on-the-job traineeship programmes in various areas.so, young individuals interested in building careers in these fields to gain knowledge and develop the required skills can apply.
Trainees are paid a fixed monthly transport allowance, meal and they receive health services as per FMIC policies in order to support them to operate their programme smoothly. Upon successful completion of the traineeship, the trainees may be inducted as regular employees of the FMIC, subject to availability of a position and convincing performance.
The intern will closely work under direct and close observation of the senior staff for the duration of the fixed six months training period.
Main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Determine the responsibility of beside nurse during a shift.
- Explore the common diagnosis of patients and learn about disease-specific care.
- Explore and understand the importance of infection control protocols followed in the unit.
- Familiarize h/herself with the department’s operational policies.
- Know the importance of patient care documentation.
- Perform physical checks (newborn assessment, antenatal assessment, postnatal assessment.
- Identify, learn about and manage common drugs used in the unit.
- Administer medication safely as per the patient’s age under direct supervision.
- Partake actively in cardiopulmonary arrest situation including effective handling of crash cart.
- Acts as an active member in managing cardiac arrest.
- Control drugs safely to patients under supervision knowing its indication and side effects.
- Gain the skills of providing care to all patients as well as other dependent and partially dependent patients
- Acquire knowledge regarding various drugs used in critical care units and administer the drug under supervision.
- Nursing Diploma/Degree from a recognized institution/university. A diploma in midwifery will be an addition.
- Those who have both nursing and midwifery educational background will be given preference.
- Be an effective team player and contributes to team building
- Possesses good interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Able to deal with difficult customers
- Have basic written and verbal English understating
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Must be disciplined and punctual
- Portray a positive image of FMIC via professional appearance and behavior
- Experience: there is no experience requirement.
How to apply?
To apply, candidates can hand in their CV plus relevant educational degree documents to the FMIC’s HR Department, Ali Abad Hospital behind Kabul University or send them electronically to the email below. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Submission email: [email protected]