Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Duration 5 Months
About Salim Jawid Transportation & Logistics Services Company:
Salim Jawid Transportation and Logistics Services Company is an Afghan-owned company. Moreover, SJTLSC is currently managing a project for UNICEF to recruit, organize, and manage Technical Extenders for philanthropic activities across Afghanistan.
Position Title: Social Mobilizer
Job Locations: Nangarhar, Laghman, Konar, Nooristan
Category: Social Sciences + Communication
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: As per the company’s salary policy
Vacancy No: SJTLSC – 0026
No of Jobs: 10
Work Experience: 2-4 years
Contract Duration: 5 months
Contract type: Short-term
Extension possibility: No
Probation period: 1 Month
Required languages: Dari/Pashto/English
Closing date: 20 September 2020
About the project
UNICEF Communication for Development (C4D) provides support to communities through SJTLSC’s government and non-government partners to enhance and empower communities with pertinent and life-saving awareness messages throughout Afghanistan. This project aims to render to and raise awareness of all communities about the preventive and curative messages on Covid-19, especially regarding the end phase of the pandemic in the country.
The social mobilizers will assist- ER Region with the Covid-19 C4D response in all four provinces with all C4D activities implementation, particularly in hard-to-reach areas where the achievability of staff presence is limited.
The social mobilizers would be responsible for mobilizing communities to present public awareness and social mobilization sessions as well as monitoring and reporting. Moreover, the two social mobilizers assigned to specific districts in their relevant provinces will have to make sure all the people in communities, including community leaders, religious leaders, educators, parents, and students, are gaining relevant information and awareness on Covid-19 response.
The social mobilizers will frequently perform the following duties under the observation of UNICEF C4D in close coordination with the Government line department:
- Execution and monitoring of community involvement activities particularly in the places where the reach for UN staff is hard.
- Well-timed coordination and information sharing with government line departments.
- Support documentation of activities implemented.
- Provide support for public awareness and social organization support for Covid-19 response activities in ER provinces.
- Facilitate the entire implementation of the second phase of the Covid-19 C4D response in the provinces mentioned above according to the detailed C4D 2nd phase RCCE plan.
- Assist top extenders in the implementation of community engagement on essential COVID 19 procedures under the RCCE Plan.
- Hold social mobilization sessions and community engagement with local communities.
- Support supervision of community engagement and Media Campaigns.
– University degree (Bachelor’s) in a field relevant to the scope of work.
– At least two to four years of progressively responsible related work experience in social activities/ mobilizing.
– The ability to communicate in English and Fluency in the local language(s) (Dari and/or Pashtu) is necessary.
Please send your CV together with a cover letter to
How to apply?
Please send your CV together with a cover letter to the below email before 16:00 Local Time before the deadline. Late applications will be rejected.
Please clearly mention the position title, vacancy number, and the province you are applying for in the subject line of your email; otherwise, your application will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test and/or interview.
Submission email: [email protected]