Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Duration 16 Months
Opportunity ID 75804
About Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance (CHA):
Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance (CHA) is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1987 by a group of Afghan volunteers registered with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan. Moreover, CHA is a multi-sectorial organization implementing Health & Nutrition, Education, and Agriculture, Rural Development / Social Protection, and Disaster Risk Mitigation projects in various provinces of the country.
Position Title: Social Organizer
Job Location: Ghowr (city and districts)
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary & benefits: According to CHA internal rule
No of Positions: 10
Vacancy Number: HRM-116
Organization: Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance (CHA)
Working experience: 2 years of relevant experience
Contract duration: 16 months
Closing date: 20 October 2020
CHA is looking to hire 10 individuals as Social Organizers for Ghowr province to ensure the effective implementation of the project in the province.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To undertake the Household Emergency Assessment Tools (HEAT) survey of chosen communities and continue to supervise social change and new social information related to community empowerment.
- Carry out community mobilization and public awareness with regard to cash distribution and using the assistance.
- Prepare a list of eligible recipients for the cash distribution center.
- Support Cash for Work (CFW) activities and organize the community to establish new cash for work mechanism.
- Maintain communication with community elders, project stakeholders, influential figures in the community.
- Conduct community level meeting with project stakeholders, community elders.
- Implement the activities and implementation plan at the field level.
- Monitor and give feedback on all activities taking place on the site.
- Provide community leaders with management skills and knowledge in getting community members interested, organized, and motivated.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly reports to the project manager.
- At least 12th-grade graduate or higher education. Bachelor of social science will be highly preferred.
- 2-years’ related work experience, especially within an NGO or similar organization.
- Work experience at the grass-root level, Community Mobilization, and Community Development.
- The preference will be given to those who are living in the area of operation.
- Written and spoken fluency in local languages.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should be a Dynamic person with strong initiative and professional attitude
- Acts reliably, respect agreements, behave honestly and loyally.
- Familiarity with report writing and planning
Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within the project implementation area.
How to apply for these posts?
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their CVs along with a cover letter to Ghowr field office HR department via email address [email protected]
Only those candidates whose qualifications respond to the above requirements will be contacted for interviews for the mentioned posts.
Note: The recruitment process of the position is subject to confirmation of funding by the donor.
Submission emails: [email protected]