Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 12
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
About the First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A):
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is a section of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which implements programs in more than 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFBA’s vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty mitigation and economic development through the delivery of sustainable financial services mainly targeting micro/small businesses and households.
Position Title: Branch Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul, Bamyan, Badakhshan, Kunduz, Jawzjan, Herat and Mazar-e-Sharif
Salary: According to the bank’s salary scale
Number of Jobs: 12
Vacancy #: Varying as per each job location (see below)
Organization: The First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A)
Years’ of experience: 6 years
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: January 30, 2021
The incumbent of the position is in charge of all the activities of the branch. Moreover, h/he supervises the work of the branch employees; and manages a well-planned commercial development of the branch.
- Manages and supervises the branch operations (loan portfolio, savings mobilization, etc.); and Manages branch liquidities.
- Administers and supervises the work of branch staff; and is in-charge of branch administration.
- Assist staff in defining commercial objectives; and persuades staff to achieve them.
- Manages the logistical aspects (stock of documents, stationeries, vehicles,) in coordination with the Logistics and Procurement sections.
- Implements the business plan/financial projections at branch level; and authorizes expenses in accordance with the budget.
- Follow up of important customers as well as offending customers; and chairs the Branch Loan Committee.
- Developing staff capacity through continuing need assessment and support to sustain efficiency and effectiveness of resources.
- Responsible for staff attitude and ensuring a respectful, professional, and banking value-driven behavior towards customers.
- Responsible for all branch fixed assets in terms of placing their adequateness and update inventory and its proper utilization.
Education: Academic background in economics or sciences desirable.
Experience: A minimum of 6 years’ experience in banking or Microfinance, while at least 3 years of servicing in a managerial role.
- Ability to manage staff in a complex commercial environment;
- Fair competency in written and spoken English;
- Good computer literacy, a good knowledge of the concept, theory and practice of Microfinance Banking.
- Personal Characteristics: Social concern; commitment; believing in, and commitment to staff capacity building; reverential to customers.
How to apply for these positions?
If you are eligible, do apply by sending your CV with a cover letter to the given email address below.
Do mention the below-mentioned vacancy ID in the subject line of the email. Those meeting the criteria will be short-listed.
Submission email: [email protected]
- FMFB-HR-0001-2021 Branch Managers Kabul Region (2).
- FMFB-HR-0001-A-2021 Branch Managers Badakhshan Region (2).
- FMFB-HR-0001-B-2021 Branch Managers Kunduz Region (2).
- FMFB-HR-0001-C-2021 Branch Managers Mazar Region (2).
- FMFB-HR-0001-D-2021 Branch Managers Sheberghan Region (1).
- FMFB-HR-0001-E-2021 Branch Managers Herat Region (1).
- FMFB-HR-0001-F-2021 Branch Managers Bamyan Region (2).