Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 14
Duration 7 Months
About Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG):
IDLG was established by a Presidential decree in June 2007. It reassigned the responsibilities of the Civil Administration unit of the Ministry of the Interiors to a newly-built independent directorate.
- Badghis, Balkh, Bamian, Ghowr, Herat,
- Kandahar, Kapisa, Nangarhar, Nimruz, Nuristan, Paktia,
- Panjshir, Parwan, Samangan (provincial capital cities)
Position Title: Provincial Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: As per the salary policy
Vacancy #: REACH/IDLGHR/11
No of Positions: 14
Contract duration: Seven months
Working experience: 2 years
Expiry date: 19 October 2020
About the CCNPP and Reach/ Dastar Khan-e- Mili Project:
The Citizens’ Charter is an inter-ministerial, multi-sectorial NPP, where several Ministries have collaborated to provide basic services to urban and rural communities across the country.
The REACH/Dastar Khan-e- Mili project is designed to provide relief to the urban and rural communities in need to reduce the poverty level in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The REACH Project is divided into four COMPONENTS as follows:
1st C: REACH Rural
2nd C: REACH Urban
3rd C: REACH Kabul
4th C: Project Management, Communication, and Monitoring
IDLG is looking for 14 Provincial Operations Manager and is responsible for the Management of component 2 of the REACH program in the fourteen cities. The incumbents will work in the realm of this project.
- Ensure implementation plan for REACH in close coordination with Facilitating Partner (FP) and municipality is prepared based on REACH Operations Manual and gets approved.
- Monitor the overall implementation of the REACH implementation plan, ensuring objectives obtained met within the required timeline and budget.
- Ensure Human and financial resources are mobilized to back the implementation of the approved implementation plan.
- Ensure project staff has access to work plans and tools for supporting the implementation of the approved work plan at the provincial level.
- Assure appropriate coordination and communication support of FP with government and communities for their effective work performance is provided.
- Ensure timely review, verification, and endorsement of the document sent by FP is managed.
- Ensure regular planning and meeting reporting between PMU and FP is organized and recorded for effective reporting and dealing with the issues and challenges of implementation.
Quality management and quality control:
- Assure that consistent monitoring and quality assurance against project deliverables are conducted and appropriate corrective measure is taken.
- Provide regular reports on the work progress status as well as the problems.
- Ensure the social, monitoring, and grievance staffs deliver appropriate support for quality assurance based on FP implementation plan.
- Make sure the process and product monitoring of the FP implementation take place in a timely manner and results are recorded and transferred.
- Ensure the program pertinent forms are prepared, confirmed, approved, and entered into provincial MIS based on operating manual guidance.
- Assure that staff receives appropriate training for their assigned tasks in a suitable manner.
Communication and coordination:
- Manage regular planning and reporting meeting with the FP for timely and efficacious program implementation.
- Attend the coordination meeting at the municipal and provincial offices regarding REACH implementation.
- Assist provincial authorities by providing reliable information about program objectives and progress status.
- Ensure appropriate communication materials are developed and distributed regarding program objectives, approaches, and processes.
Financial and accounting management:
- Verify and approve all the financial and accounting documents in accordance with REACH Operations Manual.
- Make sure that all financial and accounting documents are arranged, verified, and entered into MIS and hard copies maintained in the provincial office according to REACH operation manual and hard copies retained in the provincial office.
- Promote the health and security of the staff of the designated project(s) by ensuring the application of security, health, and safety guidelines in the workplace and healthy living environments and practices.
- Oversee and review, security assessments for new locations, and the security status of the area(s) of operation on a regular basis, communicating as applicable with local authorities, other NGOs, the UN, or other relevant security bodies.
- Submit reports, as appropriate, to the Operations Director.
- Ensure all staff members working for the chosen projects and all visitors obtain appropriate briefings and on-going training in security-related topics.
- Oversee staff adherence to security protocols, including security occurrence reports.
- Ensure security plans and protocols for the area(s) of operation are up-to-date and in place in response to changes in the security situation.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of post-bachelor working experience.
How to apply for these positions?
Qualified and interested afghan applicants can submit their updated CV with a comprehensive Application Letter, including a phone number or address. Please email your application to:
Submission Email: [email protected]
Please include the [vacancy number, position title, and the province you are applying for] in the subject line of your email; or else, your application would be disqualified.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for a written test.
Note: Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions. IDLG observes a positive discrimination policy towards women in the recruitment process.