Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 16
Duration 13 Months
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit institution dedicated to saving lives and alleviating suffering through health care, training and relief programs. Also, IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
Position Title: Community Mobilizer for GBV
Job Locations: Sar-e-Pole and Faryab
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: According to the organization’s salary scale
Vacancy #: 33-02-2021-IMC
Organization: International Medical Corps
Years’ of experience: 1 year
Contract duration: 13 months
Closing date: 4 March 2021
International Medical Corps (IMC) is looking to hire 16 Community Mobilizers for Gender-based Violence (GBV) for Sarr-e-pol and Faryab provinces. Eligible candidates can read the details and apply if they are looking for job, or they can share it with their friends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are as follows:
- Mobilize community members, on the whole, to attend IMC awareness on GBV basics, health/hygiene, IDPs/returnees, human rights in general and women & girls rights and mental health awareness and deliver orientation on program activities.
- Plan and perform social activities for women and girls at the Women and Girls Friendly Spaces.
- Plan and organize community meetings with community leaders, elders and Shura members to support the work of IMCs mobile teams, orient them on project activities and assure buy-in for community participation.
- Closely work and collaborate with religious leaders, teachers, and Imams, organize community dialogue sessions, advocate for safety messages, and train on referrals.
- Conduct awareness and sensitization campaigns ensuring complete participation of beneficiaries.
- Maintain constant contact with community focal points to figure out barriers of access to services and key risks confronted by women and girls in the community.
- Collect feedback at the community level and share information with the protection officers and/or Site Manager.
- Facilitate community referrals to IMC staff and other referral agencies.
- prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Graduated from high school or well-known nursing institution or higher degree.
- Experience in the relevant field of community mobilization, community engagement and established ability in community mobilization.
- Robust facilitation and communication skills.
- Sound understanding of violence against women and girls and necessities of disaster-hit populations
- At least one-year experience working in a similar role.
- A good team performer in big teams and promotes teamwork, empathetic and displays commitment to prevent Gender-Based Violence.
- Women applicants are encouraged to apply.
How to apply for these positions?
Interested applicants should submit their CV electronically to the given email address. Please mention the vacancy number and position title in the subject line while sending your application. Late applications and those without a subject line will not be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates who meet the vacancy criteria will be called for an interview.
In your CV, assert that none of your relatives are working with the employing organization and in doing so, please disclose any.
Submission email: [email protected]nalmedicalcorps.org