Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 16
About Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance (CHA):
Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance (CHA) is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1987 by a group of Afghan volunteers, registered with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan. Moreover, CHA is a multi-sectorial organization implementing Health & Nutrition, Education, and Agriculture, Rural Development /Social Protection, and Disaster Risk Mitigation projects in various provinces of the country.
Position Title: Social Organizer
Job Locations: Farah
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary & benefits: According to CHA internal rule
Vacancy Number: HRM-135
Organization: Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance (CHA)
Working experience: 2-3 years
Contract duration: Project-based
Closing date: 23 January 2021
CHA is looking to hire 16 individuals as Social Organizers for the province of Farah to ensure the effective implementation of the Citizen Charter Afghanistan Program (CCAP) in the relevant province.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall, the SOs are responsible for Communities, CDC, CDC’s sub-committee, and Gozar establishment, mobilization, capacity building, need assessment, and other regular support.
- Organize elections to establish newly elected CDCs, CDC’s sub-committees, and Gozars under the guidance of district managers and governmental officials.
- Create basic community profiles that determine the number of families, location, type and number of public resources.
- Create and train Participatory Community Monitoring Teams.
- Actively work towards youth participation and inclusion in data gathering, analysis, action planning, and monitoring of community activities.
- Actively work towards women’s empowerment, participation, and inclusion.
- Facilitating particular exercises with women from different socio-economic backgrounds to help women to jointly identify their needs and strategize how to improve their involvement in CDCs and Gozars and their sub-committees.
- Run capacity building of CDCs and Gozars and their sub-committees to work as whole-of-government platforms.
- Facilitate the formation of an inclusive community development plan for CDCs and Gozars through community resource and poverty analysis.
- Support CDCs and Gozars to establish bank accounts when needed.
- Support the CDCs, Gozars, and their sub-committees to work inclusively and reach underserved groups
- Regularly monitor CDC, Gozar, and sub-committee maturity.
- Build the capacity of a cadre of future Social Organizers from among emerging leaders in the communities.
- Organize and partake in CDC and Gozars regular meetings.
- Promote women’s participation to raise their voices and concern, and share lesson learned during implementation.
- Facilitate and establish linkages with government, development agencies, CDC, and civil society organizations.
- Read, realize and apply the project operational manual in, the area of concern/relevance.
- Keep updated data, proper documentation, filling and reporting to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Perform all project-related planned activities in the scheduled timeframe.
- Hold a 12-grade degree or higher degree. bachelor’s degree in social science is desirable.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience within NGOs and similar organizations is necessary.
- Experience working in community mobilization and development is a plus.
- Experience with the National Solidarity Program, Community Governance, and Livelihood Project and community-driven development is highly desirable.
- Working experience in training and coaching for at least 1 year.
- Fluency in local languages in written and spoken
- Interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills
- Familiarity with report writing and planning
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- Ability to work as part of a tea
- Working knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto.
Note: The priority will be given to those who are living in the area of operation (province).
How to apply for these posts?
Interested and eligible applicants should send their CVs along with a cover letter to the CHA HR Department Farah Field Office via the below email.
Only those candidates who meet the criteria will be invited for other stages of the recruitment process.
Submission emails: [email protected]