Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 16
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration One Year
Opportunity ID 99479
Afghanistan National Re-Construction Co-ordination (ANRCC) is a non-governmental, non-political and nonprofit development-oriented organization working to serve the war victims and displaced people.
Position Title: Social Organizer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kandahar
Salary: Based on the organization’s salary scale
Vacancy #: ANRCC/KDR/211
Years’ of experience: 3 years
Contract duration: One year (with the extension possibility)
Probation period: Three months
Closing date: January 19, 2021
About the project
The Eshtighal Zayee/Karmondana/ Employment Project (EZ-Kar) is a project of the Government of Afghanistan financed by The World Bank, engaging serval ministries, to manage and respond to the long-run residence, enabling environment and economic development of the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) and their host communities.
Afghanistan National Re-Construction Co-ordination (ANRCC) is recruiting 16 Social Organizers (male) for Kandahar province.
The incumbent’s duties include:
- Conduct general awareness sessions for the people concerning EZ-KAR implementation, its objectives in Kandahar city.
- Perform household categorization.
- Direct community mobilization and have the ability to develop a work plan.
- Conduct training for communities, Gozars and its subcommittees and have good linkage skills with communities.
- Assist the communities and Gozars to establish Community Participatory Monitoring (CPM)/ Grievance Handling (GH) sub-committees.
- Provide technical help to the CDCs/ GAs/ BGAs and monitoring of the implementation once the proposed subprojects are approved and financed by the EZ-Kar.
- Assist the CPM/ GHM committees to develop and report on community monitoring and grievance handling.
- Assist the communities to conduct free and fair elections for the CDCs as per the Operations Manual guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to the communities to carry out Participatory Learning and Action (PLA) exercises (mandated by the EZ-Kar and its elements).
- Use the community profiling household numbers to identify the MCC grant ceiling for each community covered. Inform the community of the MCCG principles, norms, policies and procedures.
- Help the CDCs in opening and maintaining bank accounts designated for the MCCG funds.
- Assist the community (via the CDC and/or its project management sub-committee) in implementing, overseeing, and reporting on the subproject implementation and MCCG utilization on the ground.
- Oversee especially the payments for unskilled and skilled labor components under the MCCG, ensuring accurate beneficiary selection, timely and accurate payments, and labor log and payment documentation.
Education and Qualifications
- At least 12th grade graduate. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum graduation from 12th grade, Bachler is an asset.
- Sound planning and reporting skill
- Couple applicants are given preference (kindly attached you couple application form in the same e-mail you applied and indicate your relation with)
- Excellent communication and relationship building with different categories of society.
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar assignments National Solidarity Program (NSP) and Citizen Charter National Priority Program is an asset)
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English languages (speaking, understanding, writing)
You are looking for other job opportunities? Drop right below.
- 284 Social Organizer Jobs by BRAC Afghanistan in Nangarhar Province
- 95 Social Organizer Vacancies (Female) by BRAC Afghanistan in Nangarhar Province
- 21 “Deputy Branch Manager” Posts by Afghanistan’s First Microfinance Bank in Different Provinces
How to apply for these positions?
All eligible candidates should send their updated CV, cover letter, copy of Tazkira, and educational documents and application form (in Word/PDF) to the following email address.
Note1: please mention the [job title and vacancy#] in the subject of your email; otherwise the applications will not be considered. Do not send heavy materials.
Download the Application form
Submission email: [email protected]
Note2: Those who submit a complete application and meet the criteria will be shortlisted & contacted for interview.
Applicants with physical disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.