Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 20
Opportunity ID 81572
About MAIL and Job:
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock (MAIL) is hiring 20 people as Natural Resources Directors for 20 provinces for implementing the designed project in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Position Title: Provincial Director of Natural Resources
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Locations: Badghis, Badakhshan, Baghlan, Balkh, Parwan, Paktia, Takhar, Ghazni, Faryab, Farah, Kandahar, Kabul, Kunduz, Laghman, Logar, Nangarhar, Nimroz, Herat, Helmand, Wardak.
Salary: As per the organization’s salary policy
Vacancy #: 002
Years’ of experience: 2 years
Contract duration: Permanent
Closing date: November 13, 2020
The Provincial Directorate of Natural Resources is in charge of implementing the program objectively for sustainable regulation of natural resources (natural forests, grass, medical plants, protected sites, and wildlife) according to the rules and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbents will be required to:
- Control and monitor the implementation of evaluation programs, conduct related surveys on the natural resources to identify their width and classifications in terms of obstacles, threats, and economic and social situations.
- Cooperate with and propose ideas on establishing a natural resource information management system in the province to support the central GIS.
- Be able to cooperate and coordinate the experimental and research program in different natural resources fields to develop eco-systems, provide good environmental services, and biology as per the agriculture department.
- Launch and monitor public awareness programs to establish forestry associations, urban forestry, grassland, regulation of protected areas in line with the relevant procedures, and guidance.
- Introduce efficient ways of agricultural forestry, agricultural grassland, forest gardens, and small project under natural resource associations’ surveillance.
- Design new and appropriate plans to establish industrial forest and develop green areas in collaboration with local communities and private sectors in the related province according to planned strategies and techniques.
- Design and implement a sustainable program to fight against desert promotion, earth destruction, and stabilize the sand to save the national water and soil according to the national plan.
- Consider the required tactics to restore those species who are in extinction to restore the interests of the country.
- Evaluate and undertake other surveys in the protected area and zoo area to identify any threat and problems to make a new decision.
- Have an appropriate plan to use the natural resources’ products, and support, and boost its new cultivation.
- Make monthly, quarterly, and yearly plans according to the related administration.
- Giving professional suggestions to end the expected program successfully.
- Monitor other related staff to ensure their encouragement and training.
- Conduct workshops, seminars, and training classes for senior members.
- Prepare and present the quarterly and yearly reports with regard to activities, achievements to the supervisors and managers.
- Coordinate with other government and private stakeholders as well as local communities to implement the programs.
- Coordinate to conduct cross-border meetings with the neighboring countries to collaborate and make joint decisions in the wake of natural resources management.
- Finally, perform other required duties assigned by the supervisors and managers.
- The candidates should hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Regulations of Natural Resources, Forest Regulation, and Environment Protection, Ecology, or any other related field (Master degree is preferred)
- The candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience in the related fields.
Skills and experience
- Be fluent in one of the national languages (Dari or Pashto) and familiarity with the English Language.
- Have a two-year experience in one of the above-related fields
- Computer program (related programs).
- Females and those with disabilities (If your disabilities do not prevent you from your work) are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply for these positions?
Eligible applicants can send their application form through email.
You can download the application form from the Ministry of Agriculture website.
Alternatively, you can receive the application form from the Recruitment Directorate, HR Department, Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, Jamal Mina, Karta-e-Sakhi, District 3, Kabul Afghanistan, and submit it via email after filling the form.
Submission email: [email protected]