Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 21
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Opportunity ID 98545
About the First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A):
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is a section of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which implements programs in more than 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFBA’s vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty mitigation and economic development through the delivery of sustainable financial services mainly targeting micro/small businesses and households.
Position Title: Deputy Branch Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul, Bamyan, Badakhshan, Kunduz, Sheberghan, Herat and Mazar-e-Sharif
Salary: According to the bank salary scale
Number of Jobs: 21
Vacancy #: Different as per each job location (see below)
Organization: The First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A)
Years’ of experience: 5 years
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: January 30, 2021
Overall, the position holder is responsible for supervising specially the work of loan officers and replacing the branch manager during his absence to facilitate the management of all the activities of the branch.
- Checking the integrity of the information given in loan applications on sample randomly.
- Training and supervising the newly coming loan officers, and advises them on various issues.
- Supporting the Branch Manager with different tasks, such as managing and supervising the branch operations (loan portfolio, savings mobilizations, etc.); and Manages branch liquidities.
- Managing and supervising the work of branch staff; and is responsible for branch administration in the absence of branch manager.
- Assisting Branch Manager (BM) in setting commercial objectives and encouraging the staff to achieve them.
- In collaboration with the BM and in coordination with the Logistics and Procurement units, managing the logistical aspects (stock of documents, stationeries, vehicles,).
- Help the BM in executing the business plan/financial projections at the branch level; and authorizing expenses according to the budget.
- Following up on important customers as well as deviant customers and chairing the Branch Loan Committee and participates in the Credit Committee in the BM’s absence.
- Ensuring respectful, professional, and banking value-driven behavior with customers.
Education: Academic background in economics or sciences desirable.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ experience in banking or Microfinance, where at least 2 years belongs to serving in a managerial role.
- Ability to manage staff in a complex commercial environment;
- Good competency in written and spoken English;
- Good computer literacy, a good knowledge of the concept, theory and practice of Microfinance Banking.
- Personal Characteristics: Social responsibility; commitment; belief in and commitment to staff capacity building; respectful to customers.
Apply to similar job vacancies:
- The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) (Expiring today)
- 130 “Loan Officer” Positions by Afghanistan’s Microfinance Bank in Various Provinces
How to apply for these positions?
If you are eligible, do apply by sending your resume with a cover letter to the given email address below.
Do mention the below-mentioned vacancy ID in the subject line of the email. Those meeting the criteria of the job will be short-listed.
Submission email: [email protected]
- FMFB-HR-0002-2021 Deputy Branch Managers Kabul Region (4).
- FMFB-HR-0002-A-2021 Deputy Branch Managers Badakhshan Region (4).
- FMFB-HR-0002-B-2021 Deputy Branch Managers Kunduz Region (3).
- FMFB-HR-0002-C-2021 Deputy Branch Managers Mazar Region (3).
- FMFB-HR-0002-D-2021 Deputy Branch Managers Sheberghan Region (3).
- FMFB-HR-0002-E-2021 Deputy Branch Managers Herat Region (2).
- FMFB-HR-0002-F-2021 Deputy Branch Managers Bamyan Region (2).