Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 5
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
About the First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A):
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is a section of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which implements programs in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A’s vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty mitigation and economic development through the delivery of sustainable financial services mainly targeting micro/small businesses and households.
Position Title: SME Team Leader
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul, Herat, and Mazar
Category: Business Administration
Salary: According to the bank salary scale
Vacancy #: Varying as per each province (see below)
Organization: The First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A)
Years’ of experience: 1-3 years
Contract duration: Permanent
Closing date: January 30, 2021
The Deputy SME Team Leader is responsible for observing the work of SME loan officers in the branch and field in terms of loan production, loan processing/assessment, and marketing to gain the target with high quality of the portfolio.
Duties and responsibilities
- Check initial loan requests and assist loan officers with ascertaining the eligibility of clients.
- Assist loan officers in loan production.
- Manage and direct Loan Officers to earn monthly/annual production targets.
- Deliver training, coaching and guidance to loan officers on the field.
- Assist loan officers in delinquency collection/management.
- Assist loan officers to keep existing clients and market for new prospective clients.
- Work closely with Production, Credit, and Compliance Managers to do a comprehensive financial analysis and risk assessment to set appropriate loan amounts and terms.
- Conduct thorough business verification risks identification, and propose risk mitigation techniques to decrease possible credit risks.
- Visit and endorse loan collaterals and evaluate the values and validity of the title deeds.
- Respond to customer requests in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Conduct LUM of disbursed loans in a timely manner.
Verification of Credit Applications:
- Perform risk identification/verification of credit applications and find solutions to reduce risks.
- Verification of title deeds validity.
- Crosscheck of loan contracts/documents.
- Follow up on the action proposed by the delinquency committee on delinquent customers.
- Review loan agreements and ensure the accuracy of the contracts before disbursement.
- Ensure the team target is met on a monthly and annual basis.
- Make primary checks and assign the loan requests to loan officers considering the geographical location of clients to loan officers.
- Prepare pre-CC/screening for making recommendations on the loan for SME Credit Manager/Credit Committee.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- To achieve monthly/annual SME disbursement target.
- To achieve monthly/annual SME outstanding target.
- Reduce the PAR rate in the SME portfolio.
- Risk specification and risk mitigation.
- Making pre-CC sound recommendations/decisions on credit files during verifications.
- Fraud identification especially pre-disbursement.
Apply to internship opportunity (closing today)
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is necessary but a higher degree is proffered.
- University coursework in an appropriate academic discipline such as finance, economics, business administration, accounting or statistics is preferable.
- Completion of a formal credit analysis-training program.
- Robust communication skills with the ability to communicate directly with field staff & customers.
- Outstanding local language skills as well as verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer skills as normally required by the Bank.
- Proven leadership and coaching/mentoring experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and loan fraud prevention techniques and prevention/mitigation strategies thereof.
- Integrity, Solution-Oriented Analysis, Good Decision-Making, Relationship Building, Communicating Effectively and Promoting Team Work.
How to apply for these positions?
The bank encourages eligible applicants to apply by sending their CVs including a cover letter to the given email address below.
Do mention the below.-mentioned vacancy number in the subject line of the email. Please note that only those meeting the criteria will be short-listed.
Submission email: [email protected]
- FMFB-HR-0006-2021 SME Relationship Officer Kabul Region (2).
- FMFB-HR-0006-A-2021 SME Relationship Officer Mazar Region (2)
- FMFB-HR-0006-B-2021 SME Relationship Officer Herat Region (1).