Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 50
Opportunity ID 74305
About Cordaid and the project:
Cordaid is working in and on fragility and has been operative in Afghanistan since 2001.
RAWNAQ is an EU funded project and will be implemented by The Norwegian Refugee Council and Cordaid. The program aims to generate employment opportunities for Internally Displaced People and Returnees through private sector development initiatives. The project has started in January 2020 and will continue until June 2023, implemented in Kabul, Herat, and Kandahar cities of Afghanistan.
Position title: BDS Consultant
Job locations: Kabul, Herat, and Kandahar
Category: Business Development
Number of jobs: 50
Closing date: December 31, 2020 (Afghanistan times)
Due to the role of effective business support for the private sector and sustainable business enabling environment, Cordaid is seeking to hire motivated consultants in different fields of expertise of business development to join Cordaid’s consultancy database. The Consultants/Experts will closely work with the selected Micro, Small, and Medium-Sized Enterprises [(M)SMEs] and assist them in their endeavors to boost, professionalize, and grow their business better. Cordaid directly implements the component “Business Acceleration” through coherent BDS subcategory of supports and technical backing throughout a scope assessment and (M) SME’s agreement by its own observation and resources at the Cordaid Enterprise Academy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Following the determination of the consultancy assignment, the (M ) SME, consultant, and Cordaid will together develop an action plan with clear deliverables. In general terms, the responsibilities of the consultants include:
- Analyze overall (M) SME operations, trends, and business plans to work mutually to facilitate effective ways and systems for better business operations.
- In consideration of SCOPE assessment of the business, provide technical assistance and coaching to ensure positive and pragmatic changes result in sales increase and job creations.
- Provide comprehensive and mutually aligned cooperation to openly solve business difficulties with clear outcomes.
- Assist the business owner and staff in implementing the improved practices/systems and better ways of working for maximization of profitability.
- Regularly support owner and business executives to practically develop a business plan, Expansion plan considering business resources and opportunities.
- Evaluate the business from different angles using standard formulas, SWOT analysis, SMART, accounting equations, cost and benefit analysis, cost-cutting measurements, competitive analysis, etc. to draw a clear picture of the ongoing situation of the business to investors, owner, and Banks/MFIs.
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching to the key staff to ensure familiarity with the new ways of working;
- Assist (M) SMEs to develop financial and business development plans to look for access to finance schemes for business expansions.
- Review and adjust business plans of (M) SMEs with a clear outlook, objectives, and timely action-plans to be pursued by the owner of businesses.
Qualification and Criteria:
- (Preferred) Master’s or higher degree in Business Administration or Management, Accountancy, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management, or a related field and at least 5 years of work experience.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned or a related field and at least 10 years of work-elated experience.
- Flexible and able to work in a stressful environment;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in the English language;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dari and Pashto language;
- Strong experience in working with (M)SMEs;
- Ability to analyze and develop sustainable and suitable solutions for (M)SMEs;
- Driver’s license and an own car, or other means of transportation to reach to the clients;
Other professional competencies that applicants should have:
- Financial Management And Bookkeeping;
- Marketing And Sales;
- Product Management
- Innovations and Technology application
- Business planning/Strategic planning
- Professionalism and Structure re-arrangements
- Value Chain Development / Supply Chain Management (fresh fruits, dried fruits, light manufacturing, food processing);
- Operations and Business Practices;
How to apply?
The application for these positions is online. So, qualified candidates must follow the below link and fill out the form by answering basic questions about their education and experiences.
Besides, applicants have to provide information about their daily fee. For consultants who mentioned that they can work on multiple locations, please keep in mind that your daily fee should also cover transportation, accommodation, and other related expenses.
In case of any question, contact on mailto:[email protected].