Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 9
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
About the First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A):
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is a section of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which implements programs in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A’s vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty mitigation and economic development through the delivery of sustainable financial services mainly targeting micro/small businesses and households.
Position Title: SME Relationship Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul, Herat, and Mazar
Category: Business Administration
Salary: According to the bank salary scale
Vacancy #: Varying as per each province (see below)
Organization: The First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A)
Contract duration: Permanent
Closing date: January 30, 2021
The bank is looking to recruit a highly motivated ‘SME Relationship Officer’ who possesses phenomenal business development skills with a thirst to succeed. Reporting to the SME Sales Manager, the goal of this role will be to lead loan client acquisition efforts for the branch and to create quality loans of up to $250,000 for medium and high-income borrowers and attract customers too.
The incumbents will be in charge of:
- Recruiting new clients, evaluating customer needs, and introducing different types of loans.
- Explaining the loan process to prospective clients and confirming clients’ eligibility for a loan.
- Interviewing applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans.
- Undertaking risk assessment by gathering detailed information on each client through meetings and field visits
- Updating the needed data in the Bank’s Loan Management System.
- Preparing Loan Appraisal Report for Loan Committee meeting, collecting and/or filling documents for guarantees.
- Checking the correct use of the funds paid.
- Ensuring loan monitoring including periodic site visits and ensuring timely reimbursements.
- Taking further steps to shape relationships and drive customer loyalty.
- Working in compliance with relevant/prevailing FMFB policies/procedures; and full compliance with the audit recommendations.
Education and Qualifications
- Holding a Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- A robust background in the service industry coupled with the experience of dealing with business owners is a necessity to succeed in this role.
- Incumbents will have a successful track record in a frontline role, experience in banking is ideal but in another commercially driven environment will be surely considered.
- To be highly customer-driven, responsive, and enthusiastic.
- Have the ability to work cooperatively with a broad range of people both inside and outside the Bank.
- Strong communication skills are mandatory.
How to apply for these positions?
The bank encourages eligible applicants to apply by sending their CVs including a cover letter to the given email address below.
Do mention the below.-mentioned vacancy number in the subject line of the email. Those meeting the criteria will be short-listed.
Submission email: [email protected]
- FMFB-HR-0005-2021 SME Relationship Officer Kabul Region (4).
- FMFB-HR-0005-A-2021 SME Relationship Officer Mazar Region (3)
- FMFB-HR-0005-B-2021 SME Relationship Officer Herat Region (2).