Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 95
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental developmental organization that firstly originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002,
Position Title: Social Organizer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Nangarhar
Category: Office Management
Salary: Based on the organization’s salary scale
Vacancy #: AD#AF 04/21
Organization: BRAC Afghanistan
Years’ of experience: 2-3 years
Contract duration: Open-ended (project-based type)
Closing date: January 19, 2021
BRAC Afghansitan is recruiting 95 Social Organizers (female) for Nangarhar province who will implement the Datarkhan-e-Mili project within the framework of REACH (COVID-19 Relief Effort for Afghan Communities & Households) Project. Interested candidates meeting the qualifications below can read the details below and apply accordingly.
Key functions and responsibilities
- Paly a substantial role in preparing field reports, including data gathering, analysis, presentation, and knowledge management.
- Ensure to receive the orientation from the trainer on COVID-19 and Desterkhwan Mili program and deliver and facilitate the training program in the targeted Nahias of Jalal Abad city.
- Hold awareness session with community and Guzar CDCs on COVID 19 and disseminate the basic health messages to avoid Coronavirus further transmission based on the MoPH guidelines.
- Mobilize the communities and target groups to have a better understanding of the Dasterkhwan-e-Meli program and all its associated elements.
- Prepare a report from all steps and submit to the package manager.
- Create monthly, weekly, and daily plans and report as per the program department policy and Operational Manual.
- Fill out all required forms and submit them to the related manage
- Support Guzar Councils/CDCs in the preparation of community beneficiary lists.
- Assist GA/ CDCs in making bank accounts.
- Notify the Guzar Councils when their fund is paid and deposited to the Bank account.
- Ensuring transparency and accountability at the community level is observed.
- Present basic training on accounting, project management, and procurement and monitoring to Guzar Council members.
- Establish Community Participatory Monitoring Teams to supervise the process of beneficiary selection and verification before and during the distribution of Relief Packages.
- Support the Nahia by having efficient complaint response mechanism.
- Assist the Guzar CDCs and its procurement sub-committees with the procurement process of food packages.
- Coach and guide the Guzar CDC Council in applying the monitoring tools and a proper operation and maintenance plan for the distribution of input in both tranches.
- Ensure the conclusion of all financial and procurement documents for the food/cash and ensure the community and its committees have purchased.
- Ensure the confirmation of all financial documents by Guzar CDC and its record in CDC file
- Assure the timely distribution and there is no obstacle in the process.
- Support the members of Jalal Abad Municipality Project Implementation Unit in monitoring and providing the data as per the agreed-upon protocol.
Travel Requirement: Regular trips to the project spots to CDCs in the related province.
Education and Qualifications
- At least 12th-grade graduate. Higher degrees are preferred.
- 2 years of relevant experience, especially in an NGO or similar organization.
- Work experience at the grassroots level, Community Mobilization, and Community Development and Survey Conduction.
- Experience with the National Solidarity Program/Citizen Charter (NSP/CC), Community Governance and Livelihood Project and community-driven development would be a huge benefit.
Skills and competencies
- Sound organizational, communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Robust oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto (oral & written)
- Understanding of report writing and planning
- Be honest, proactive, and well planned.
- Training and capacity building skills in hands-on monitoring methods.
- Have smartphones.
How to apply for these positions?
All eligible candidates are required to submit their CVs and cover letter including reference information to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte Parwan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Applicants must mention their [job title and vacancy#] in the subject of their email/cover letter heading otherwise the applications will not be considered.
Or, applicants can apply online for these positions too.
Note: those who submit a complete application and meet the criteria will be shortlisted & contacted.
For more information, call Mr. Nawid Ahmad Sherzai, HR Officer at 0747957377.