Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Internet Governance
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Applications are currently open for The NetMission.Asia 2021 recruitment edition. The NetMission Academy_ a series of online sessions and network_ offers motivated and aspiring individuals the opportunity to further their understanding of and engage in Internet Governance issues and discourse. In addition, Graduates of the academy can become NetMission Ambassadors, teaming up to launch an initiative for the development of the Internet and advance the governance discussions in Asia. If you are a student in tertiary education (undergraduate or postgraduate) and are interested in how the Internet impacts society, this is the program for you.
Application deadline: 20 November 2020 (11:59 UTC)
Interview deadline: 25-27 November
Result notification to successful applicants: 4 December 2020
Orientation Webinar: 10 December 2020
NetMission Academy date: January-February 2021
Becoming NetMission Ambassador: March 2021
- As part of this program, you will be an organizer of regional conference activities for youth.
- Upon the completion of the NetMission Academy, those interested to create an impact with collaborative effort can become part of our network as NetMission Ambassadors.
- Ambassadors will build working groups based on their areas of interest from each theme. Each working group will have a mentor with experience in the field.
- Working group members shall define their own goals and the impact that you want to create.
- Ambassador can participate in policy processes and advocacy, prepare toolkits and educational materials, or organize local initiatives.
- The academy is looking to recruit young visionaries who dream to make a change for the betterment of the Internet and our community.
- Full-time students currently enrolled in any tertiary education institutions within the Asia Pacific of all disciplines can apply.
Format of the main program
The NetMission Academy consists of a series of online sessions intended to equip youth with the knowledge and discussion skills to contribute to Internet policymaking. The sessions will proceed in one orientation webinar, followed by 7 training workshops. These 1-hour workshops will be interactive discussion sessions, with proficient guest speakers selected for each topic.
Furthermore, the selected fellows will be divided into thematic groups to research and prepare for the respective session as a host. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the discussions.
|10 Dec 2020||Orientation Webinar|
|7 Jan 2021||Internet Governance Ecosystem & Internet Infrastructure|
|14 Jan 2021||Access and Empowerment|
|21 Jan 2021||Human Rights Online|
|28 Jan 2021||Cybersecurity, Privacy & Safer Internet|
|4 Feb 2021||Digital Economy and Emerging Technologies|
|18 Feb 2021||Diversity and Multi-Stakeholder Participation|
|25 Feb 2021||ICANN Policies|
*Please note that the session(s) will be held at 11:30-13:00 UTC.
How to apply?
You can apply online for the NetMission 2021 Recruitment Program.
For additional information, you may refer to the official link.