Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2 Years OR More
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 88588
The Graduate School of Chiang Mai University is offering scholarships to international students who want to pursue their master’s, Ph.D. degree or advanced diploma courses in Thailand. Students who already hold bachelor’s degrees can apply for these scholarships. The CMU accepts applications for various rounds of admission for 2021 intakes.
Application deadline: 27 December 2020
Host Institution: Chiang Mai University (CMU)
Duration: Master (2 years) and Ph.D. differs depending on the number of credits
Degree level: Master’s and PhD
Applicants should meet the following qualifications to be eligible for the scholarship.
For Ph.D. degree:
An applicant must have graduated from a tertiary-level educational institution recognized by the Commission on Higher Education and have been successfully reviewed by the appropriate Graduate Program Administrative Committee as follows:
The applicant must:
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, with remarkable results in the same or relevant field in which he/she seeks to study.
- Possess the skills, expertise, and competency to undertake his/her thesis research, or
- Have done a master’s degree with suitable results, or
- Be currently studying at the master’s degree level in the same field, with surpassing results.
For Master’s degree:
- An applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, with outstanding results (received honors) in the same or relevant field in which he/she intends to enroll, and
- Possess the skills, knowledge, and competence to carry out his/her thesis research.
For Advanced Diploma Courses
Candidates eligible for this program must:
- Have graduated with a bachelor’s degree with a study term of six years, or graduated with a master’s degree or its equivalent from a tertiary-level educational institute meeting the above accreditation standard.
- Have never been expelled from any educational institute due to misconduct
- Possess other qualifications as specified by the Graduate School.
- Still be a student in a bachelor’s degree, graduate diploma, and master’s degree, advanced diploma courses of CMU or another university. When candidates have been selected, they may register conditionally and student registration will be completed when the student has already graduated in the former one.
- The government proposed candidates must have their government’s approval and their government must submit the list of required programs to the Graduate School of CMU.
How to apply?
Applicants can only apply online before the above deadline. Late applications may be canceled by the recipient school.
To apply, you should complete the following steps:
- Create an account on the application page
- Fill in all the required information
- Upload all application supporting documents
- Choose your faculty and program of study
- In last, check all the previous steps and ensure they are complete and accurate.
For further information, refer to the Chiang Mai University’s website.