Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement HSK(Chinese)
Fields of study Language And Literature
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction Chinese
Dalian University of Technology (DUT) is launching the 2021 DUT Online Chinese Teaching Program of the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship. Using the program’s online teaching methods, it aims to provide overseas Chinese learners with opportunities to continue learning. Selected students will be granted the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship qualification by the host institution.
Deadline: Open until filled.
Host institution: The Examination and Scholarship Office of the Center for Language Education and Cooperation
Open to: International students
The host center will cover the program tuition fees.
All candidates shall be:
- Non-Chinese nationals
- Of good physical and mental health, well-mannered both academically and behaviorally
- Have aspirations to develop future careers in the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language
- Be between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2020.
Types of scholarships
There are two types of scholarships in the form of this program:
- Scholarship for One-Semester Study
Start Time: 2021 spring semester or 2021 autumn semester. Applicants holding the X1 or X2 visa are not eligible;
Number of Applicants: 30 students as planned (no more applicants accepted). Please register as soon as possible;
Research Direction: For Chinese Language and Literature, applicants shall possess a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is mandatory too.
- Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
Start Time: spring or autumn semester 2021. International students currently studying in China do not qualify;
Number of Applicants: 20 students as per the plan. There will be no more capacity after the number of applicants reaches the upper limit. Applicants need to complete the registration as soon as possible;
- for Chinese Language and Literature: candidates shall maintain a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
- Chinese Language Study: Applicants shall possess a minimum score of 210 on the HSK test (Level 3). Applicants who have HSKK test scores will be given priority.
How to apply?
Eligible and interested applicants can apply by completing the steps below.
They should fill in the application information form and email it to [email protected].
After sending the form, applicants should apply through the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship (Confucius Institute Scholarship) registration website (cis.chinese.cn).
To complete the application, they should create an account, log into it, fill the online form, and upload the documents. The application system will then set a separate page for the online teaching program that applicants should search for the relevant option and track the program.
Necessary application materials:
- Digital photo;
- A scanned photocopy of passport photo page;
- Statement of Purpose: indicating applicant’s Chinese language learning background, study plan and objective in China (written in Chinese; 200- 800 words in length)；
- A scan of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (should be valid for two-year);
- The certified highest education diploma obtained or official evidence of student status;
- Scanned copy of personal signature;
- A reference letter by the head of the recommender institutions (optional)；
- Those below the age of 18 shall provide certified documents confirming that they are designated by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
Note: The digital photo and personal signature files should be less than 300 KB in volume, and the other uploaded files should be less than 2 MB. All files should have suffix in “ *.jpg/*.gif/*.jpeg” format.
Note: in case of any questions, contact the above submission email.
For further details, visit the website.