EU & UNDP EDUCATION GRANTS FOR AFGHAN WOMEN TO STUDY IN UZBEKISTANGrant / Award Scholarship/Fellowship United Nation Development Program (UNDP)
The European Union (EU) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is accepting application for education grants offered for Afghanistan Women to study in Uzbekistan. the European Union and implemented by UNDP fund this scholarship to provide a great opportunity for Afghanistan women to advance their skills.
STUDY PROCESS WILL BE HELD ON TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING PROGRAM (TVET) IN AGRONOMY.
What is the duration of the scholarship?
September 2020 – May 2021
- Uzbek language foundation course, Basic English, Basic course in Chemistry and Biology.
- Participation in Training Winter School organized by UN-Women.
September 2021 – May 2023
TVET academic program in Agronomy*:
- the first year is a theory-based (growing up of cotton, grain, fruit, and vegetable, etc.);
- second year is practical work experience and organization of internship programs at enterprises and farms of Uzbekistan (by agreement).
- * It is planned to provide specialties of tractor driver and driving category “B”, “BC”.
- In addition to education, students are involved one of additional language (Russian, German, etc.), or art, sports sections, depending on their interests.
- Unique visits to historical cities Samarkand, Bukhara, Termez, and Tashkent will be organized.
Be an Afghan National Women.
have at least completed secondary education (complete 12 years)
Interested in enhancing their professional skills via TVET program in Agronomy.
The main selection criteria include the English language understanding (not lower than elementary level), the fundamentals of biology and chemistry (not below 70 marks in each class in the certificate of secondary education), as well as a successful completion written English test and interviews with members of the Selection Committee.
Work experience is not mandatory but will be counted as an asset.
The UNDP and EU TVET scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fee,
- Travel and
- Monthly stipends.The scholarship does not cover the rest of the expenditures related to possible dependents, including children.
competitive selection process and stages:
Application submission by deadline of August 15, 2020, 18:00 Afghanistan time (UTC+4:30).
Please read the “List of required documents” section carefully. The scholarship providers will Only invite shortlisted candidates for the next stage, the Written English test.
Written English test.
The format and date will be announced soon. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to the interview which is the final stage,.
Interview with members of the Selection Committee.
Venue and date will be announced soon.
Required documents* (In/translated into English:
- Passport and/or local Afghan identification card;
- Application form, with written consent of the applicant’s parent (-s) or spouse to participate in the competition and study in the Republic of Uzbekistan. (Please download from the attachment below. All fields are mandatory)
- Graduation certificates with transcripts, as follows:
- Certificate of completion of secondary school;
- If you have a Bachelor’s degree diploma, please include it as well.
- Brief motivation letter in English (in free form, max 300 words).
* All documents need to be carefully scanned and sent to [email protected] by August 15, 2020, at 18:00 Afghanistan time (UTC+4:30). Please note that the applicant name and surname in English should be indicated in the subject line of the email.
Poorly scanned or incorrectly sent documents or partially missing documents will not be accepted. Only applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
Contact details of applicants should be up to date.
Applicants will be notified via email whether their application has been successful or unsuccessful.
If you have any application and/or eligibility related questions or queries, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]