Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration 4 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 71945
The application for Fordham University Bachelor’s scholarship is open now. The university offers partial merit scholarship worth $20,000/year to qualified first-year international students to pursue their undergraduate studies in the United States. Moreover, Fordham also offers partial financial aid scholarships based on the need identified by the CSS Profile – up to the cost of the first-year tuition fees. The duration of the scholarship is four years.
For Fall Term 2021 (August) Enrollment
- Early Action, Early Decision, Priority Performance: November 1, 2020
- Regular Decision: January 1, 2021
Non-immigrant visa applicants seeking financial aid must submit the CSS Profile by the following deadlines:
- Early Action and Early Decision: November 1
- Priority Performance and Regular Decision: January 15
For Spring Term 2022 (January) Enrollment: November 1
Please review the deadlines, details, and instructions for international transfer students here.
- Early Action, Early Decision, and Priority Performance: November 15
- Regular Decisions: February 15
Location: U.S, New York
University: Fordham University
Degree Level: Bachelor
Fields of Study: All undergraduate majors
Academic year: 2021/22
Coverage: Fully and partially funded
Besides automatic consideration for merit scholarships, new first-year applicants who will study at Fordham on a non-immigrant visa may be eligible for partial need-based financial aid.
To be considered in this need-aware application review process, students must be able to pay at least $30,000 USD per year as part of Expected Family Contribution (EFC) to cover indirect expenses during his/her study.
All international first-year students whose conditions correspond to the conditions of the two types of the award set forth above are eligible to apply.
Fordham University Statement of Funding or CSS Profile
- Fordham University has an admission process attentive to applicant’s needs for first-year students who plan to study at Fordham on a non-immigrant visa.
- Applicants who plan to fully fund their study at Fordham will need to complete the Fordham University Statement of Funding. This form will be available to eligible applicants upon submission of the application.
- Applicants who plan to partially fund their study at Fordham and will apply for need-based financial aid are required to complete the CSS Profile and demonstrate an ability to meet the requirement for this category.
The university shall make its decisions on the selection for awards on the basis of academic and extracurricular accomplishment as well as a deliberate assessment of demonstrated need. Besides, interviews with international applicants, through the university’s partners, will be conducted to evaluate personal qualities, language proficiency, and interest to the Fordham International Admission Committee.
How to apply?
Application for this scholarship is submitted online through the university’s application portal (“Common Application”).
Components of application:
Common Application, including the essay and one required short-answer response in the writing section, and the $70 application fee.
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Certificates
International students whose first language is not English must prove their proficiency through English Language Proficiency test results.
- TOEFL iBT: 90+ (Fordham code: 2259)
- IELTS & IELTS Indicator: 7.0+
- Duolingo English Test: 120+
International students who are not submitting required TOEFL or IELTS scores must complete the English Language Proficiency Test Waiver Request Form whose link is available within the online applicant portal after an application has been officially submitted.
Should you need further information regarding the scholarship, feel free to contact a counselor via [email protected].