Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Weeks
Language of Instruction English
The Institute of Coding, Coventry University has developed this free ONLINE course on “Basics of Network Security. By completing this course, you will know the basic concepts of network security, tools applied by network engineers and attackers and threats posed to organizations’ networks, and ways to protect them.
In this course, you will test the theory and practice of network essentials from the defender’s and attacker’s standpoints. Besides, you will have the opportunity to use tools for networking that allow you to probe services, test routing, and more.
Course developer: Coventry University
Instruction language: English
Course provider: Future Learn
Course type: Self-paced
Subject: IT & Computer Science
Duration: 2 weeks (6 hours/week)
Start date: Available now
See the full list of instructors HERE, but it may be subject to change.
What you will learn:
By the completion of this course, you would be able to:
- Explain the concepts of network security and cyber-attacks
- Evaluate real-world security case studies
- Apply cybersecurity principles to keep assets
- Assess security hazards from a practical and theoretical perspective
Who is this course for?
The Institute of Coding supported the development of this course after consultation with industry representatives from the healthcare, manufacturing, and automotive sectors.
So, this course is of great benefit for people familiar with basic computing who want to further explore the techniques and technologies of network security.
What software or tools do you need?
To complete the labs, you will require a PC able to run Virtual Machines (VMs). The IoC recommends at least a dual-core CPU and 8GB of memory. You would also need about 100GB of hard disk space to store the VMs.
What topics will you cover?
- The fundamental principles of network security and cyber attacks
- Real-world security case studies
- Safeguarding assets
- Intrusion detection systems
- Evaluating security dangers from a practical and theoretical perspective
- 100% online
- full access to the course for four weeks
How to apply?
You can join this course by completing a registration in the given link.