Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSTOEIC
Fields of study Science, Engineering And Management
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially FundedSelf Funded
Application Start: August 17, 2020 Deadline to apply: September 4, 2020
Duration: 4 years Level: Bachelor
If you want to study and work in Japan with great interest in science and engineering, you can apply to the International bachelor degree program in Engineering. The Global Science and Engineering program (GSEP) is organized by the Tokyo Institute of Technology to support international students to pursue their bachelor’s degree in Japan. Students enrolled in this program, will work on project-based studies and covers various fields of science and Engineering including a research project.
- Number of private funded student: 10
- Number of MEXT scholarship: 8
- Jasso Scholarship
Instruction language: English
1st screening application screening: September 23, – October 28, 2020
Final Result announcement: November 20, 2020
Enrollment procedure: March 22, 2021
admission: April 1, 2021
Areas of study:
- Management courses
- Trans-disciplinary science and Engineering
- School Environment and Society
What is provided by GSEP?
- International bachelor degree
- Opportunity to apply to MEXT scholarship or Japan Student Services Organization (Jasso ) and other scholarships, that will provide all the expenses including tuition fee, a monthly stipend of 120000 yen, and travel cost.
What Competences are required?
- Be interested in Science and Engineering
- Passionate to solve global problems through science and Engineering
- Have passion to explore and create new knowledge
- Keen to know the others’ value and culture
- Be open minded
- Proficiency in Japanese language is not required
- Be creative thinking
Who is eligible for MEXT Scholarship?
- Not have Japanese citizenship.
- Be living outside of Jpan
- Have or willing to obtain a college student visa at the time of admission
- Not be under the age of 18 by April 1, 2021 (high school graduates by April 1, 2021, can apply even if they are under 18 years old. )
- Graduated or expected to graduate from high school by March 2021
- English language proficiency (TOEIC listening and Reading 700, TOEFL – iBT 78, PBT 520 or IELTS: 6 )- Countries Where English is an official language of the country is exempted from the English language requirement
Not eligible if fall under one of the following conditions:
- Military personally or military civilian employees
- Cannot arrive in Japan in the expected duration specified by MEXT (April 1, 2021)
- Recipient of Japanese government MEXT Scholarship
- scheduled/currently enrolled at a university in Japan with a college student residency status. This does not apply to self-financed students who complete their studies by March 2021.
- Those who want to get scholarship from any other organization.
- Those who plan during the application to do long term research outside Japan (logn time absence)
What documents are required for GSEP?
- Individual assessment of admission eligibility application https://bit.ly/2X0nfyv
- High school graduation certificate or certificate of expected graduation date
- High school Transcript
- Application form for GSEP (completed and duly signed by the applicant) https://bit.ly/2CAE0ZX
- Check Sheet
- Photocopy of TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS Test score
- Fee payment verification
Applicants who are accepted in MEXT scholarship do not need to pay the application fee (17,000 yen)
Official website: http://www.tse.ens.titech.ac.jp/~gsep/
How to apply?
Applicants can send the below documents to the email address of Tokyo tech, Undergraduate Admission Group and write the following in the subject line of your email.
“April 2021 GSEP Application for Individual Assessment of Admission Eligibility (Name of the Applicant)”
Late applications will not be considered.
For further details please contact: [email protected]
Update: July 22, 2020