Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSPTE AcademicCambridge qualification
Fields of study All
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship awarded to female students from developing countries to study for their master’s degree at Durham University, UK. Hatfield Lioness Scholarship aims to enable a female student from a developing country where access to higher education is confined to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham. If you or your friend are interested in applying for this fully-funded scholarship, you should apply.
Application deadline: 31 March 2021
Start date: October 2021
Result announcement: June 2021
Host University: Hatfield College, Durham University
Location: United Kingdom
Level: Master degree
Fields of study: All excluding MBA and research master program
Duration: one year
Number of awards: 1
- Full University tuition fees payment
- Stipend for living expenses – 4 quarterly payments
- One return economy travel from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Self-catered, single room in mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must fulfill the requirements below:
- have applied for and been awarded an unconditional offer on their master’s program of choice by the end of May 2021.
- Applicants must not have received any other scholarship to sponsor their master’s studies or have not completed a degree in the UK before.
- The scholarship is awarded to those female applicants who have academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete the program, act as a good ambassador to the university and apply their earned skills for the benefit of their community.
- Be a female.
Furthermore, applicants should:
- Hold a relevant honours degree of the corresponding standard to be admitted to a chosen Master’s course; and
- Meet all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language proficiency;
- Not hold a Master’s degree; and
Applicants must be a resident of one of the following countries:
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinness, Rwanda, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone Solomon Islands Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Academic excellence,
- Personal qualities, and
- The suitability with the chosen degree program to the candidate’s aims.
How to apply?
Application for this scholarship is done in two stages. Applicants must complete both stages properly.
First, an academic application for your chosen master’s course; within this application, you should indicate your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship. Once this stage is completed, you can go to stage 2. After 1st step, you will receive your academic offer letter from the university which you need to forward to [email protected] with your full name and Lioness Scholarship 2021 in the subject line.
Complete the 1st stage here.
Second, submit an application for the Scholarship on this Application form. Please ensure to complete all sections. If you do not have all your documents now, please send them to [email protected] before the deadline for your application to be taken into account.
Read more about the scholarship on the university’s website.