Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
If you are have are a designer, an architect or have a company willing to test your work, you can apply for iF Design Award. This award is offered annually by the International forum for design to recognize the excellent design work. The award ceremony will be organized in Berlin, Germany.
Deadline (early bird): June 26
Regular deadline: October 30
Last chance deadline: December 1, 2020
Step 1 jury Selection: Jan 18-22, 2021
Preselection result: FEB 1- March 1, 2021
Result announcement: April
Date of the award ceremony: May 10, 2021
Location of award: Berlin, Germany
Benefits for the winner of iF Design award
Winners will have the following advantages:
- iF DESIGN AWARD logo using our internationally recognized label for as long as the award-winning product is on the market.
- iF certificates receiving certificates in different materials as a proof of the design excellence.
- iF WORLD DESIGN GUIDE the winner’s company and his/her entry will be showcased – for an unlimited period of time – in the largest design exhibition on the Web: the iF WORLD DESIGN GUIDE.
- iF design award night A glamorous awards ceremony, an international networking event and a great design party with more than 2,000 guests from 40 countries.
- iF design app the award-winning entry will be showcased in a comprehensive presentation in the iF design app, including description, photos, and videos.
- Press and media Our extensive international PR activities will put the winner in the spotlight.
Disciplines and Categories
Automobiles / Vehicles, Sports / Outdoor / Bicycles, Leisure, Babies / Kids, Watches / Jewelry, Audio, TV / Cameras, Telecommunication, Computer, Gaming Hardware / VR, Office, Lighting, Home Furniture, Kitchen, Household / Tableware, Bathroom, Garden, Building Technology, Public / Retail, Medicine / Health, Beauty / Care, Industry / Tools, Textiles / Floor/ Wall
Beverages, Food, Beauty / Health, Medicine / Pharmaceutics, Household, Consumer Products, Industry / B2B, Non-branded Packaging
Websites, Apps / Software, Film / Video, Corporate Identity / Branding, Magazines / Press / Publishing, Campaigns / Advertising, Annual Reports, Typography / Signage, Events, User Interfaces (UI)
Trade Fairs / Commercial Exhibitions, Public Exhibitions, Shops / Showrooms, Hotels / Spas / Restaurants / Bars, Residential, Offices / Workspaces, Public, Installations
Mobility, Living Spaces, Sustainability, Health, Food / Water, Tools, Education, Usability / Interface, Safety, Leisure
Health, Transportation / Logistics, Bank / Insurance, Retail, Tourism, Education, Government / Institutions, Entertainment
Public, Residential, Office / Industry, Retail / Hospitality, Urban / Landscape, Mixed Use
8. User Experience (UX)
Product UX, Communication UX, Packaging UX, Interior & Architecture UX, Mixed Media UX
9. User Interface
Outstanding design experts from over 20 countries will evaluate the entries to select the award winners based on the following criteria:
- idea relevancy and appropriate
- Form: how esthetic and engaging it is.
- Function: How easily it can be used, it can work well and serve the user
Registration by early deadline: Euro 250
Registration by REGULAR deadline: EURO 350
Registration by LAST deadline: EURO 450
Note: participants should pay transport, customs, and insurance expenses
How to apply?
applicants should apply online.
Read the details here: