Interdisciplinary Conservation Network (ICN) Workshop in the UKResearch Scholarship/Fellowship Interdisciplinary Center for Conservation Science (ICCS)
The Interdisciplinary Conservation Network (ICN), which is going to take place from 1 September 2020 to 1 April 2021 virtually and 7 to 9 April 2021 in-person in Oxford, UK, is a bi-annual workshop. Moreover, the workshop provides a selected group of early-career researchers. In addition, the program offers an opportunity to produce a collaborative piece of research, participate in skill-building sessions, to network with other participants. Furthermore, during the in-person meeting, the participants will support financially as well.
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Deadline: 12 August 2020
- 7 to 9 April 2021 in-person
- 1 September 2020 to 1 April 2021 Virtually
The number of participants: 8 early career researchers and one or two senior mentors.
- The first theme is reflexive turn in conservation.
- The second theme is a framework for studying online wildlife trade: challenges and opportunities.
- The last theme is the conflict between illegal wildlife trade and human-felid: a framework for evaluating linkages in the big-cat business.
- Accommodation and breakfast for non-Oxford attendance. And lunches and dinners for all participants as well.
- Traveling costs for international participants.
Workshop goals: supporting the participants to carry out their collaborative pieces of research related to the ICN theme.
- The applicants must obtain a Ph.D. degree, early post-doc, or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to take part in both virtual and in-person meetings to develop a defined research output relevant to the theme.
- Online application form
- Personal details.
- Write about your background up to 150 words.
- Describe in 150 words about your interests.
- Write in 150 words, what will you contribute to the theme.
- Explain your circumstance in 150 words.
How to apply:
Interested and eligible applicants can register through the online application form.
For gaining more information, please visit the ICN official website