Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 8 Days
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 67136
Applications are now underway for the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Digital World SME Virtual Awards, a program of masterclasses, pitching sessions, and virtual awards taking place online at ITU Telecom in December 2020. The platform of the prize is virtual, but the recognition is real!
Given the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on digital technology and such programs, nowadays, more than ever, we need inventive SMEs with innovative tech solutions – and tech SMEs, startups, and entrepreneurs require support and encouragement from the industry. For this reason, The ITU Digital World SME Virtual Awards are an opportunity to honor outstanding innovative tech solutions, create resilience, and nurture investment in tech SMEs in the middle of this crisis.
Application deadline: 5 October 2020
Pitching & Awards Ceremony: 30 Nov. – 7 Dec.
Organizer: International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
The shortlisted participants will be notified in advance and by at the latest: 13 November 2020
The announcement of winners of all Awards: Late December 2020
Open to: SMEs and Startups
- All eligible applicants will be requested to take part in a series of online masterclasses on pitching to clients, raising funding, and improving capacity in November 2020.
- A selected shortlist of participants will be requested to pitch live online to our expert panel of investors, businesses, and tech professionals.
Furthermore, the winners will receive:
- UN featuring, online visibility on the ITU Digital World website, a unique certificate of achievement, and
- an invitation (an Executive pass) to join ITU Digital World 2021 in Ha Noi, Viet Nam, in Q4 2021 to attend the full SME Programme on-site and in person.
- This award is open to all small and medium-sized enterprises (the “SMEs”).
- You must fulfill your country’s national criteria for a startup or SME, have lower 250 employees, and have yearly revenue of lower than CHF 50 million.
- Each SME can apply to one Awards Category only.
How to apply?
The application is online. Just fill in the online form and submit it.
Points to consider:
- All entries to Awards must be submitted in English.
- Be short. Include only the most important information needed for the jury to assess your business.
- By filling in this form, you admit that all information (including financials) is true.
Read more about terms and conditions HERE.