Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 12
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 6 Months
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 82155
About the scholarship
Applications are now open for the Johnson and Johnson Virtual Scholarship Program for aspiring young community-based health leaders from across the world to attend the virtual 2021 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program Munich, Germany. This scholarship is offered as a result of a partnership between Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact Team and One Young World to support and champion the frontline healthcare workers who are at the core of delivering care. Furthermore, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s biggest healthcare company working to care for the world. So, if you are a health worker with a similar dream, it is a great opportunity for you to apply and develop your leadership capacity in healthcare.
Application deadline: 27 November 2020 (5: pm GMT)
Host institution: Johnson and Johnson & One Young World
Number of scholarships: 12
The program provides an accelerated learning opportunity covering:
- The chance to virtually participate in the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Participation in the 2021 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program
- Partake in a six-month accelerated learning and development program including global kick-off and debrief calls, online learning sessions, and global ScopeAthons (working and learning with other NGOs and/or social businesses to generate practical and innovative solutions in the field of climate change, public health, etc.)
- Individual coaching with high-profile Johnson & Johnson leaders
- Teams of 2021 Johnson & Johnson OYW delegates, called buddy teams, supporting scholars pre, during, and post Summit in expanding their aspiration and creating inventive solutions based on pre-defined necessities.
- In general, through its global and community-based partnerships and programs, the Team supports the next generation of global and community health leaders to build the skills and tools they need to drive health and well-being in underprivileged communities.
Applicants meeting these criteria are eligible to apply:
- Be aged 18 – 30
- Residents of all countries are eligible to apply for this program.
- Young leaders from non-governmental organizations, social enterprises, community-based institutions, or individual leaders/entrepreneurs who create a positive impact within their local community through the delivery of care can apply.
- Health Care Professionals working in governments within their home country will need approval from their employer to apply.
- Winning scholars must commit 10% of their time to the program over the 6-month program period (March 2021 – August 2021).
- Have demonstrated leadership capacity.
- Strong commitment to affecting positive change.
- Have knowledge of key local and/or global issues.
- Achievement of generating fruitful and ground-breaking ideas, interest, and engagement in sharing and learning from others.
- Skills to possess: keen, pro-active, creative, impatient to improve, courageous to change the status quo, team player, good communicator, and project management skills.
One Young World will select successful candidates and run the process forward.
How to apply?
To apply for the scholarship, applicants should submit an online application.
Components of the application and important dates:
- Notification of a shortlist of applicants to submit a video personal statement and letter of reference: December 2020
- Shortlisted candidates to attend a video interview with One Young World: January 2021.
- Announcement of the final outcome of the application: February 2021.
For further details, you may refer to the official link.