Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSTOEIC
Fields of study All Majors
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishKorean
About the scholarship
Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) Scholarships for Masters and Ph.D. studies in South Korea are open for the fall 2021 semester (Early Track).
The deadline for online submission: December 31st, 2020
Deadline for Submission of Documents: January 6th, 2021
Interview (if required): Jan 8- Feb, 22, 2021
Result Notification: March 5, 2021
Admission date: August 30th, 2021
Fields of study:
- Mathematical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Graduate school of medical science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- The Robotics Program
- Future Vehicle
- School of Computing
- Graduate School of Information Security
- Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Environmental and Energy Technology Program
- Bio and Brain Engineering
- Brain and Cognitive Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Graduate School of Knowledge Service Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Nuclear and Quantum Engineering
- The Cho Chun Shik Graduate School of Green Transportation
- Graduate School of Culture Technology
- Graduate School of Science, Technology, and Policy
- Business and Technology Management
- Global IT Technology Program
- Management Engineering
- Finance MBA
- Green Business and Policy Program
KAIST offers Scholarship that provides the following (choose the KAIST scholarship while filling the form)
- Tuition fee exemption
- Monthly stipend of KRW 350,000 for Masters and KRW 400,000 for Ph.D. students
- Medical Health Insurance fee
Who can apply?
- Hold a bachelor’s degree for Master’s degree program and a bachelor’s and a master’s degree for Ph.D. studies.
- This is only open to international students who are not dual citizen holders.
KAIST’s student selection committee evaluates applicants’ prior performance, future promise, and anticipated contribution to its scholarly community based on your academic records, recommendations, and other documents you submit. Therefore, it is very important for applicants to submit the documents in full and in an organized manner.
Note: All documents should be in English or Korean.
How to apply for this scholarship?
- Applicants should apply online using the online platform for application linked below.
- Complete the application
- Pay the non-refundable application fee (80 USD)
- Print the application form and keep it for further procedures.
- Send a hard copy of the application print with supporting documents to the given address of the admission office.
- Check your package arrival HERE: https://apply.kaist.ac.kr/intergradapply
- Check your email regularly (for the interview and other notifications)
- Visit the website for the result on December 11, 2020
Postal Address for documents submission:
Graduate Admissions Team, KAIST
#110, 1st Floor, E16‐1 B/D,
Daehakro 291, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141,
Republic of Korea
The following documents are required:
- Online application form printout
- Statement of purpose questions (in the online application)
1) Please briefly answer the following questions with keywords (500 Bytes per each question)
- What you studied at the previous institution?
- Motivation applying for the major.
- Brief study plan.
- Future plan after study.
- Honors and awards.
- Introduction of the institution previously attended.
2) Write down a detailed and accurate statement of your purpose and objective in pursuing your study at KAIST
(Required) Describe any work or academic experiences related to your chosen field of study (5,000 Bytes)
- 02 Statement of Financial Resources (Online Application)
- Two letters of recommendation from your university professor, academic advisor, or supervisor form your company (electronically sent)
- Certified Academic Degrees diploma or transcripts received within the last two years. In case you have not obtained these documents, you can submit official letters stating your expected graduation date.
- English proficient Test (EPT) reports (TOEFL iBT 83, PBT 560, CBT 220, (code of submission 0195), IELTS 6.5, TEPS/NEW TEPS 599/326 or TOEIC 720. (EPT requirement is different for Global IT Technology Program (GITTP), KOICA-KAIST Social Entrepreneurship MBA Program, and International Nuclear and Radiation Safety Master’s degree.
- Identity document of the applicants (preferably passport)
- A copy of the identity document of parents
- Family relation certificate
- List of honors and awards (optional)
- Employment certificate (optional)
- School profile/rating system (optional)
For more information regarding this scholarship, you may refer to KAIST Scholarship.
Are you looking for other scholarships to apply for? Scroll down and read.