Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Opportunity ID 1922
Application for Korea Development Institute (KDI) Master and PhD scholarships and programs are open now.
Korea Development Institute (KDI) is Asia’s top think-tank and the first NASPAA accreditation for its Master of Public Policy (MPP) and Master of Development Policy (MDP) programs in Korea. The institute also offers Master of Public Management (MPM) which is based on experiences of systematic research on global development and consultation to developing nations.
There are various types of scholarships available for those who want to pursue their study in KDI School.
- Global Ambassador Scholarship (GAS) (master degree- has no separate application form- only for one year (3 semesters) for admitted students from OECD countries- provides only tuition and monthly stipend).
- Seoul G 20 Global leaders fellowship (one year- only for a master’s degree- full tuition fee, flight ticket, and monthly allowance) for applicants employed in the public sector.
- POSCO Asia Fellowship: (provides tuition fee, monthly allowance and round trip flight ticket- for government officials from Asia- has no separate application form.
- Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate degrees: (tuition fee, monthly allowance and round trip costs
- NIIED Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degree (GKS-G): offered for three years, provides full-tuition fee, monthly allowance, and round trip cost
- FSS – KFB KDIS provides tuition fee, monthly stipend and flight tickets for government officials recommended by Financial Supervisory Services of Korea (FSS)
- Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) (number of participants:35): provides tuition fee, monthly allowance and round trip flight costs offered for the following two fields of study:
- Master degree in Regulation management for economic development
- Master’s degree in Trade in Industrial Policy for Sustainable and Inclusive Growth.
- Industrial Bank of Korea (IBK) Scholarship offering full tuition fee, monthly allowance and travel costs offered for government officials recommended by IBK.
Level of study:
- Master degree
Field of study for master degree:
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Development Policy (MDP)
- Master of Public Management (MPM)
- Master in Intellectual Property and Development Policy (MIPD)
Fields of study for Ph.D. degree:
- Public Policy
- Development Policy
Benefits for master degree
- Monthly Stipend (GAS $850, Seoul G20: $1000)
- Air Fare (for Seoul G20)
Benefits for PhD candidates:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
Application Period: February 20- March 20, 2020
Result notification: Late June 2020
Program start: September 20
The application period for Spring 2021: August 13- October 5,
Interview: November 20
Final Result: Early December
Program Entrance: February 2021
- Applicants whose parents are both from a country other than Korea or have completed 16 years of education in a foreign country.
- Applicants for Master’s degree program must meet have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university (minimum of 3 years). PhD applicants hold a bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 years) and a master’s degree.
- Applicants must be currently employed in the public sector or have 6 years of working experience in the public sector (Seoul G20 global leaders fellowship applicants only)
All applicants must submit an online application added to the following required documents:
- Checklist of the document
- Statement of Purpose (must use the official form)
- (Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent) Certified Copy of Transcripts (bachelor and master degree transcripts for PhD studies )
- Certified Copy of Graduate Certificate or Certificate of Expected Graduation
- Two Recommendation Letters (Online or hard copies); academic or professional
- TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, TEPS, OPIC Score Report or Certificate of Medium of Instruction (Recommended)
- Employment Verification (required for Seoul G20 applicant)
- Copy of Passport
- Two Photos uploaded on the online application
- Video Essay (optional)
- Dissertation Research proposal for PhD applicants
How to Apply:
You can choose one of the following ways:
Apply and submit an online application to KDI School before university
Apply via the Korean Embassy in your home country.
Applicants must submit all the required documents in one package through POSTAL MAIL or personally to the admissions office of KDI before the deadline.
Your submitted documents will not be returned back.
Please note to apply for only one program.
Please download all necessary documents from link the below, fill and prepare them according the instruction provided.
For more information please visit KDI School Website
Updated: September 3, 2020