Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 100
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 10 Months
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 10632
The United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network– Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) is calling on young urban leaders to apply for the 2021 cohort of its Local Pathways Fellowship program which is a leading training and research program on SDG 11 in the world.
The fellowship is designed to empower young urban innovator via offering the resources, knowledge, and platform to take local actions to implement the UN 2030 Agenda in the following ways:
- Guiding and informing their advocacy and outreach work
- Providing them with a framework for engagement with local stakeholders;
- Facilitating mutual learning and exchange of urban solutions; and
- Supporting their efforts to promote local understanding, dialogue, and problem-solving for sustainable development.
The SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship is offered annually to bring together a network of more than sixty young thought leaders, sustainability practitioners, urban planners, researchers, and innovators from different cities across the globe for the advancement of local dialogue, problem-solving, collaboration around SDG 11( Sustainable Cities and Communities) to make urban areas and cities “Smart, Fair and sustainable”.
Details of Local Pathways Fellowship
Application deadline: November 30, 2020
Result notification: January 25, 2021
Start time: 1 February 2021
Duration: 10 month
Location: Online (Worldwide)
- SDG Cities Guide,
- MIT Solve,
- World Urban Campaign,
- Milan Urban Food Policy Act,
- Alliance for Peacebuilding and
- The World Federation of United Nations Associations.
- Sustainable cities online course
- Monthly webinars
- A series of monthly assignment
- A peer-to-peer network of young urban leaders and innovators from over 100 cities across the globe.
- Opportunity to be top candidates to participate in international conferences and events such as the International Conference on Sustainable Development, Vatican Youth Symposium, or the World Urban Forum, etc.
Young applicants from around the world, who are passionate about sustainable urban development can apply to Local Pathways Fellowship if they meet the following requirements:
- Are between the age 18-30 years old (exception may apply)
- Be based in the same city throughout the fellowship (February to November 2021)
- Demonstrate commitment to working toward urban sustainable development;
- At least one year of professional or academic experience in urban planning, development practice, community engagement, and advocacy or similar.
- Are able to commit at least 5-7 hours per week
- Have stable internet connection
- Be fluent in English and local languages of cities they present
How to apply?
Applications can be submitted online.
Please check Scholarship for Afghanistan for similar opportunities