Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Master of Science (Tropical Hydrogeology and Environmental Engineering) is offered in Germany for international students who want pursue their master degree in Germany.
Students would be able to increase and variegate their learning, skills, and qualifications in Feasible Geosciences with a clear focus on Hydrogeology and Environmental Engineering to support international development cooperation.
Different basic subjects are included in the study program which is elective depending on the students’ undergraduate studies: Geology, Rocks and Minerals; Hydrogeology; and Geo-Information Systems (GIS). A six-week field trip to a semiarid region for practical training and a project seminar is mandatory.
Level of study: Master of science
Field of study:
- Tropical Hydrogeology
- Environmental Engineering)
Specialization modules include:
- Hydrogeochemistry of Contaminants; Soil and Unsaturated Zone;
- Clay Mineralogy;
- Aquifer Sedimentology;
- Hydrogeology of Semiarid Areas;
- Geophysical Methods;
- Isotope and Tracer Techniques;
- Groundwater Modelling;
- Remote Sensing and Statistics;
- Hydrogeological Methods;
- Hydraulic Engineering;
- Water Management; and
- Geo-Environmental Engineering
Course language: English
Location: Technische Universität Darmstadt (Technical University of Darmstadt)
Starting Date: Every year in October
Duration: Two years
German language course duration prior to program: Three weeks for scholarship students
- There is No tuition fees
- Job opportunities are available in private sectors
Note: Applicants are required to pay 270 Euros per semester for the enrolment fee.
Living cost: 800 EUR / month
Applicants can apply to DAAD and other scholarships available there on the website of Topher program that will provide them full expenses coverage.
Who can apply: Geoscientists, such as geologists, gynecologists, geophysicists, mineralogists, geographers, soil scientists and civil engineers with an interest to obtain further competences in hydrology, engineering geology and/or environmental management of tropical and subtropical regions.
- Have a Bachelor degree
- Must not have master degree
- Have some work experience in the field of water
- Return back to their home country
- English Proficiency Certificate: UNICERT III, TOEFL (PBT 570, CBT 230, iBT 88), IELTS 6.5 or CAE (Grade C1). (Not required, if B.Sc. was in English)
- DAAD scholarship applicants need two years of practical experience.
- For DAAD scholarship: 30 September of the year prior to starting at the University.
Applicants can read the details on DAAD website linked below and apply online for this program.
For further information visit the website of DAAD