Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study International And Development Economics
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
DAAD offers scholarships for master’s degree International and Development Economics” (MIDE).
It is a great opportunity for students from developing countries with a bachelor degree in economics, business administration or in other social sciences focused on economics who are interested to pursue their master’s degree in the field of “International and Development Economics” (MIDE), in Germany can apply to fully-funded scholarships offered by German Academic Exchange office (DAAD).
Duration: 3 semesters (18 months) full-time program in the Faculty of Economics
Level of study:
- Master degree (Master of Arts)
The medium of instruction: English language
Location: Treskowallee Campus, Germany
Degree award: MA in international and development economics
Duration of the program: 3 semesters
Closing date: 30 September 2020 (August 31 for DAAD scholarships)
The benefits of DAAD scholarship:
- Living costs (17 months): 850 Euro/ month
- Study and research expenses
- Traveling costs
- Health insurance
- Preparation courses for German Language (February/March).
- Solid foundation in modern theories of development economics
- International trade and finance
- Optional courses like Policy and management issues in the key of the economic sector including:
- Environmental and resource economics
- Financial institutions
- Regional integration
Benefit of attending the courses:
- Participants will be able to work with national and international organizations, governmental or non-governmental institutions in developing countries.
- Participants will be able to ideally suited for a position in the government department, banks, consulting organizations, multinational organizations, chambers of commerce or educational institutions
- Program accredited by:
- Accreditation, Certification and Quality assurance institute (ACQUIN)
- Agency for quality assurance (AQAS)
who are eligible to apply:
- Your academic degree must be in the following area:
- Business administration
- Social sciences with at least 12 courses in economics and business administration
- Have a bachelor degree or German Diploma
- Have at least two-year professional experience for DAAD scholarship
- You must be from a developing country
- You must have already acquired basic academic knowledge of economics and business management
- You must have a high interest in the economic challenges facing developing and transition countries
- Applicants studied their bachelor degree in Europe universities must have completed 3 years and at least 60 ECTS in Economics and Business Administration, thereof at least 15 ECTS in Economics
- International applicants: at least 12 Economics and Business Administration classes, with a minimum of 3 courses in Economics. The applicants result must be equivalence to the mentioned required numbers.
- Language proficiency:
- TOEFL (PBT 580, CBT 237, IBT 96), IELTS 7, your result must have been taken within the last two year)
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English), All levels
- CAE (Certificate of Advanced English), All levels
- BEC Higher (Business English Certificate)
- TOEIC 800 point or higher
Necessary documents for MIDE:
- Motivation letter (maximum one page)
- copy of Diploma and transcripts in English or German (copy should be certified by University or related authorities)
- Short explanation about the highest possible grade from your previous university
- CV (not more than two pages)
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of English proficiency
- A two pages’ summary of your undergraduate/postgraduate thesis. (if you have been required to write a theses during your previous studies; please refrain from sending substitute documents if you have not been required to write a thesis so far).
- The DAAD application form
- Proof of two-year work experience
- Two recommendation letter
- Online application form (that will be available on May 15 on the MIDE website)
Send the hard copy of mentioned documents to the address below and use postal tracking service to make sure we have received it or not:
Requirements for DAAD scholarship:
- After your graduation, you must have at least two-year professionals work experience
- Your graduation time must not be more than 6 years
- You must be form developing or newly industrialized country
- You must meet the MIDE admission requirements
Important documents for DAAD scholarship:
- Fill the application form of DAAD scholarship and submit it with MIDE application form
- Reference letter form from your previous university.
- Recommendation letter from your employer.
- Confirmation letter of your professional work experience of two years since your graduation time, this letter must contain all information of your employment (start and end date, position, responsibilities, accomplishments, a confirmation of study leave if granted).
- 1). all letters must contain, letterhead, signature, official stamps, recent date.
- 2). Your DAAD Application form, letter of motivation and CV submitted with the MIDE application form must be hand-signed.
- School certificate.
Selection criteria for the DAAD scholarship:
- You must work either for public or private organizations
- You must Have a bachelor’s degree in a related subject
- You must have completed an academic degree with mentioned degree
- Have 2 years’ professional work experience.
How to apply?
Download the DAAD scholarship application form and MIDE Application form, fill them and send them according to instruction.