Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study STEM & Artificial Intelligence
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the Mohammad Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). MBZUAI offers a series of graduate programs intended for the applicants to pursue specialized knowledge and skills in artificial intelligence and thrive in the field. The scholarships are available in both full-time and part-time formats and are highly dependent on academic excellence.
Application Deadlines (Recommended For International Students) 2021-2022 academic year:
EARLY ADMISSION* REGULAR ADMISSION
Applications for fall intake (Aug 2021) 15 Jan 2021 15 April 2021
Applications for spring intake (Jan 22) 15 July 2021 15 Sep 2021
University: Mohammad Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI)
Level of study: MSc & PhD
MSc and Ph.D. Programs in:
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
The university offers all admitted students on a full-time basis the benefit to complete their study with a full scholarship including:
- 100% tuition fees,
- Health insurance,
- A monthly allowance, and
- Other benefits.
Note: part-time scholarships are subject to tuition fees and approval by the admission committee.
To be eligible for the MBZUAI scholarships, international students must meet the following requirements:
- Students from all nationalities and countries can apply.
- Hold a Bachelor of Science or equivalent from a leading university accredited or recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education (MOE) for a master’s degree, .
- For Ph.D. degree, hold a Master of Science (MSc) or equivalent from a leading university accredited or recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education (MOE).
- MBZUAI invites applicants from applicants with a Bachelor’s (for MSc) and master’s degree (for Ph.D.) in S.T.E.M fields, such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, and other relevant Engineering majors, without the need of prior working experience.
- Having programming and coding skills are desirable (for doctoral degrees).
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent and present their complete degree diplomas and transcripts (in English) while submitting their application for both MSc and Ph.D.
- For both MSc & Ph.D., degree certification (for degrees from the UAE) or an equivalent certificate (for degrees earned outside the UAE) should also be furnished within their first semester at the university.
- English Language Proficiency Certificate (for applications submitted from fall 2021 intake onwards): applicants have to demonstrate evidence of English proficiency by submitting a TOEFL iBT with a minimum total score of 90 or IELTS Academic with a minimum total score of 6.5 (for both MSc & Ph.D.).
- TOEFL iBT and IELTS Academic certificates should be valid during the application process.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General score is an advantage and would be considered in the evaluation of the applicants. (Optional)
- Admission and acceptance into the programs will rely on a high academic record and merit.
MBZUAI strives to create a campus atmosphere that values and promotes a culture of inclusion and development.
- Degree diplomas
- English language proficiency certificate
- For both MSc and Ph.D., 500 to 1,000-word Statement of Purpose presenting student’s motivation for applying to the university. It may contain information about the applicant’s personal and academic background as well as his/her chosen career course; goals as a prospective student; graduation plans; and other details that will support the application.
- Research proposal: It is a 3-5 page document outlining the potential research project an applicant is interested in working on (only for doctoral students).
- It should clearly address the research gap which the applicant would like to fill in over the course of his/her study.
- It must be presented in the context of currently existing literature.
- Must depict an outline of how he/she aims to conduct the underlying research project, and what are the expected outcomes.
- It could also mention his/her relevance and appropriateness for the project.
- Finally, the proposal should highlight the scientific and commercial importance of the project.
- Note that applicants are expected to write a proposal completely independently.
How to apply?
Applicants can apply online for this scholarship.
For more information regarding the scholarship, refer to the MBZUAI official link.