Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Medical Research
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
The Merck research grants (100000 to 500000 Euros) is allocated for international scientists in all career stages. Applicants who are dependent on an institution, university, or organization research program can take part in this grant. Register online and submit your proposal on the online application form.
Amount of grants: 100000 Euro to 500000 Euros annually
Duration: 3 years
Deadline: 31 August 2020
Deep Dive Workshop date: 3 to 5 November 2020
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
- Drug discovery: in this category, firstly, the proposal must assist in recognizing and characterizing the next aspect-changing molecule or technology to help cure cancer or autoimmune disease. Secondly, Innovation research on molecular or pathophysiological pathways, thirdly, recent breakthrough enabling technologies for drug discovery, fourthly, methods that could help to develop translation from and productivity of models to the clinical situation.
- Bioreactor design for cultured meat: in the research category, the proposal must be designed to help to improve future generation, scalable bioreactors, existing technologies reimagine, cost and sustainability requirements, system from the fabrication of scaffolds to operation strategy and perfusion dynamics innovation, automation intelligence, and harvesting.
- Next-generation machine learning: in this category, the proposal focus should be on the mathematical understanding of cognitive processes genuinely, overcome the recent limitation in AI by a new generation of algorithms, inspired by today’s neurosciences, and by advances in brainstorming.
- Pandemic preparedness/fighting new emerging viral infectious disease: in this research category, the proposal consideration will be on new technologies to create breakthrough solutions to get more preparation of COVID-19 pandemic outbreaks.
You may like to visit similar opportunities:
- Australian Museum Visiting Fellowship/Awards for researchers
- 2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation
- Melbourne Mobility Awards (MMA) By the University of Melbourne
- iPhone Photography Awards Competition for international photographer
- UNESCO and TWAS Academy Awards for Scientists from Developing Countries
- Apply to 2020 World Habitat Awards and Win the Prize
Who can apply:
- Scientists from all over the globe can apply
- Researchers in all career stages, affiliated with any institution, university, or company research.
What is a deep-dive workshop:
- This work ship is designed for drug discovery, bioreactor design, next-generation machine learning topics, which will be launched in 3 to 5 November of the current year in Darmstadt, Germany. Successful applicants will work with Merck managers and scientists.
- After completion of the in-depth dive workshop, applicants with bilateral collaboration agreements will receive the grant and could start their project.
How to apply:
Register yourself on the online application form
For more question, please visit the grant official website