Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Various
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
The embassy of Afghanistan in Tokyo, Japan has announced that applications for the Master’s and Ph.D. scholarships of the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) have opened for the academic year of 2021/22. So, if you are interested in studying at one of the most prestigious Japanese higher education institutions, go through the scholarship information below and apply for the program you would like to pursue as per the specific deadlines.
The scholarships available for exceptionally qualified candidates who have been accepted for study at GRIPS are fully-funded.
Application deadlines: Differ by the program so check HERE which deadline is applicable to you.
Host Institution: National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
Degree Programs: Master and PhD
Open to: International Students
Master’s: 1-2 years
PhD: 3-5 years
Why study at GRIPS?
- You can select from a broad range of advanced degree options and specialize in an area that suits you.
- At GRIPS, you can combine discipline-specific learning with cutting-edge training in leadership, interdisciplinary cooperation, and effective management.
- Students can study in English, learning from world-class academics, and leading policymakers.
- You can benefit from the extensive networking and mentoring and network with renowned policymakers from all over the world through the GRIPS alumni network of international experts.
- Academics will discover a gorgeous diversity in its student body, faculty, and curriculum.
What the scholarship covers:
- A monthly stipend intended to cover living expenses.
- Application fee, admission fee, and tuition.
- A two-way economy-class air ticket from your country of origin to Japan upon enrollment and upon completion of your studies at GRIPS.
Applicants are eligible for GRIPS Scholarship if they are:
- Mid-career public officials with robust leadership and managerial capability
- Candidates with vigorous academic capabilities and the desire to be proficient policy analysts or follow an academic career
For Master’s Programs and Five-year Ph.D. Programs, candidates should have A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
For a three-year Ph.D. Programs, A master’s degree, or a degree comparable to it.
The language of instruction for all degree programs at GRIPS is solely English.
Click here to see the full list of programs.
Evaluation procedure and criteria
Admission for GRIPS programs is competitive and involves thorough, holistic consideration of each candidate through both document screening and interviews.
How to apply?
While the application procedure for GRIPS differs, the application for this scholarship is submitted online and directly to GRIPS and now open. Each applicant can apply only for one program.
Therefore, it is brought to the attention of the eligible afghan applicants that if they are interested in applying for this scholarship, they should visit the application link, completeу the online application, and prepareу all the required documents for the scholarship according to applicable deadlines of GRIPS, and visit the Ministry of Higher Education 21th Booth, Reception Hall, in order to submit their documents and receive other forms needed for completing their application.
Read more about the scholarship application process, guidelines and required documents visit HERE.