Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSHSK(Chinese)
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
About the scholarship
The applications are open for National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) scholarships in Taiwan. NCTU is inviting exceptional students who aspire to pursue their education onto a scholarship in different degree programs. NCTU awards its scholarships to a bachelor, masters, and doctoral degree-seeking students who have extraordinary research and excellent academic record.
Therefore, if you would like to earn an esteemed education in a prestigious university, apply to study at a research-oriented university in Taiwan, and one of the top universities in the world.
NCTU Scholarship Details
Application deadline: 30th September 2020 (12:00 PM)
Result announcement: Mid-November
Start of the program: Mid-February
Host University: National Chiao Tung University (NCTU)
Degree levels: BS/MS and PhD
Fields of study: Courses open for international admission
Academic year: 2021 (spring intake)
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of up to NT$21,000 (US$700) for bachelor’s; nearly NT$22,000 (USD733) for master’s; and up to NT$29,000 (US$966) for Ph.D. Students.
- The university also offers assistantship by research advisors to the students.
Applicants meeting the following requirements are eligible.
- Be an international student.
- Should be in good health condition.
- Shall not have received any other grant or scholarship Taiwan (Republic of China/ROC) government.
- A candidate should fill out the application with the correct information.
- Applicants applying for the bachelor’s program should hold high school transcripts.
- Master’s degree candidates should have bachelor’s transcripts.
- And, applicants applying for the Ph.D. program should have a master’s transcripts.
For applicants from non-English-speaking countries or those whose previous studies have not been in English, one photocopy of the test score is required unless specified otherwise by some departments/institutes differently.
The minimum requirements (or equivalent) are:
- TOEFL PBT 500
- CBT 173
- iBT 73
- Or IELTS 5.5
The graduate institutes/departments will undertake a preliminary evaluation for individual applicants based upon his/her previous academic records and/or research competencies. Afterward, each college ranks eligible applicants and recommends them to of International Students Admissions Committee who shall then proceed with another stage of the admission process.
How to apply?
In order to receive NCTU Scholarships, applicants should consider the following steps:
- First, apply to a specific institute/department making sure whether they accept new students to be admitted to the university.
- Fill out the online application form, prepare, upload, and submit all required documents to UCTU’s applications system.
- Check whether the university requires additional documents to be submitted.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Application form
- Study plan
- Official degree diploma per degree you are applying for
- Full official transcript(including a description of grading, GPA, and class ranking)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Evidence of nationality
- Confidential financial statement
- Proof of English proficiency
- Evidence of Chinese proficiency (mostly for the undergraduate degree)
- Proof of work experiences (if related)
For further questions regarding admission and scholarship, you can contact [email protected].