Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Medicine And Natural Science
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 89526
About the scholarship
The Novartis Healthcare Company is calling for applications for the 2021 Reimagining Medicine Scholarship and Lead2030 Challenge, jointly organized by the company and One Young World (OYW), from applicants around the world to attend the One Young World summit in Munich, Germany. The scholarship is in the form of proposals/solutions that brilliant and thoughtful innovators propose while seeking to contribute to solving the problems covered by and relevant to the project, which is supported by the Company.
The theme of the challenge: “How can technology safeguard and restore terrestrial ecosystems and freshwater supplies? Think deep and prepare your solutions!”
Sustainable Development Goals (SDG15) seeks to protect, restore, and further sustainable utilization of terrestrial ecosystems to benefit, now and in the future, from these natural ecosystem-services.
Application deadline: 18 December 2020 (5pm GMT)
Awarding institutions: One Young World & Novartis
Confirmation of winning solutions: 18 February 2021
Location: Munich, Germany
About the project
Novartis aims to support SDG 15 by financing a project, which utilizes data/digital/innovative technologies in order to generate positive action, preserve, restore, and lastingly use the services provided by the natural land ecosystem. The project should center on at least one of the following:
- Freshwater recycling capacity
- Renovating biodiversity of the ecosystem
The project should result in quantifiable outcomes and be a long-term sustainable solution. Ideas with assessable evidence of concept would be favored.
Successful applicants will receive:
- A USD50,000 grant from Novartis
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Novartis experts. The mentorship team will work to speed up your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organization, e.g.,
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data gathering
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Your solutions must meet the below criteria:
- Be clearly compliant with the SDG 15 challenge (read “about” in the main link.
- Must be the idea/work of a person between the ages of 18 – 30.
- Be well-structured timeline, identified key stakeholders and target recipients, and proposed outcomes that are rational and well-conceived.
- Must be readily available, in or past the implementation stage.
- Must contain a positive social influence, for example, creating employment, or increasing skills.
- Impacts of solutions must have been sufficiently measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to secure efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they produce and/or the investments and donations they absorb.
- Have the potential to perform as well or grow after expanding in scope or size and/or being shifted to other regions.
How to apply?
Interested applicants may submit their solutions online.
To completely prepare your entry, you would better prepare your answers to the question in an offline format and then upload them since saving them is impossible on the form. Also, read the questions on the form in advance.
Next to answering questions about yourself and your organization, you’ll need to provide the following in your application:
- A link to a video personal statement
- A copy of your business/organization plan
- A proof of your organization’s business/charity registration
For further information, visit the Novartis Reimagining Medicine Scholarship and One Young World.