Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 5232
Obama Foundation offers scholarships at Columbia University for international studyents
Are you a young leader making a difference in your community? Do you want to develop your skills by pursuing a year-long program at a recognized university in the USA?
If so, apply for the Obama Foundation Scholarship at Columbia University.
Application for Obama Foundation Scholars program for 2021-2022 is open until February 5, 2021.
Obama Foundation offers scholarships for students from different countries around the world at Columbia University. The scholars will work on Columbia World Projects.
This foundation offers Master’s degree scholarships at the University of Chicago that you may read about here.
Details of Obama Foundation Scholarship at Columbia University:
Deadline: February 5, 2021
Duration of the program: one Academic year – full time
Location: New York, USA
Level: non- degree program
The program content:
The program contains the following:
- Academic training
- Skills-based training
- Networking opportunity
- Service activity
- Leadership development
Benefits of this program
The Obama Foundation scholarships offer the following advantages to applicants:
- Monthly allowance for living expenses
- Furnished studio apartment
- Tuition and fees of up to four courses
- Basic health insurance during the program
- Flight tickets from and to home country and any other related program
- Leadership development programs
Note: the expenses of the family are not paid by the foundation.
Who can apply to the Obama Foundation Scholars program?
Applicants applying to the Obama Scholars Program should meet the following conditions:
- All nationalities can apply
- Be a rising young leader who is making a difference in their communities
- Demonstrated commitment to service and leadership within the community, region, or country outside the US.
- Return back to their community after the completion of the program
- Be emerging leaders who have made a meaningful contribution to their field and currently are at their career “tipping point”
- Be proficient in the English language, one of the following option
- Be native English speaker
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in English speaking country, or,
- Have previously obtained a score of TOEFL IBT 100, PBT 600, IELTS 7, or PTE 68
- Be able and interested to make a positive change at their community
- Highly committed to humility, integrity, exclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork
Applicants should fill and submit an online application. Selected finalists will be invited to an interview via phone or Skype. They may be requested to take a written English test.
Please prepare the following documents for Obam Foundation scholarships:
- Personal video statement (maximum 5 minutes)
- Short essay questions responses
- English language proficiency
- Two recommendation letters
For more information please visit the Columbia University Website
You May Like:
- 50 University of New Castle ‘Global Leaders Scholarships’ (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
- International Peace Scholarship for Women in the USA and Canada
- Global Citizen Prize by CISCO Youth Leadership Awards in the USA
- Global Engagement Summit (Illinois, USA)
- Saudi Arabia Scholarships for Afghanistan