Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSPTE AcademicCambridge qualification
Fields of study Various
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 85886
The University of South Australia is accepting applications for its Ph.D. scholarships which are awarded to motivated and brilliant international students with a strong research background in the fields relevant to the research project. Therefore, it is a great opportunity for those who love to study in a world-class Australian university, conduct research, and earn a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D. Degree).
Application deadline: Open until filled
Degree level: PhD
Study areas: General molecular and cellular biology, tissue culture (mammalian and bacteria), microscopy, immunohistochemistry.
About the research project
Admitted Ph.D. scholars will conduct their research on an Australian Research Council-funded Ph.D. project entitled “Plasma touches life: advancing plasma technologies for the life sciences”. Furthermore, the student will have the opportunity to develop and examine their own research initiatives in using the electrical cold atmospheric plasma technology for wound decontamination and cancer treatments, with a focus on generating new strategies to improve the efficacy and safety of the plasma treatments.
Also, the student will need to have a strong background in mammalian and bacteria cell culture techniques and molecular biology for the successful conduction of the research.
- Eligible scholars will receive $28,092 in scholarship value (2020 rate) for 3.5 years.
- As part of the training package, the student will also get the opportunity to carry out part of their research at Lancaster University in the UK for 6 months.
- The host research institutes/centers will provide world-class research facilities to the researchers along with enough guidance and supervision from the center’s specialists.
To be eligible for a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree from UniSA, applicants have to hold:
- An Honors degree or a Bachelor degree with Honors of at least class 2a standard in an appropriate discipline (according to Australian system); or
- An appropriate Master’s degree; or
- Satisfy the Dean of Research that their previous education, related professional experience, and published research work has the sufficient quality and relevance to prepare the applicant for a research degree
- Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be commencing students.
- And, applicants must meet the English language requirements to be eligible.
How to apply?
In order to apply for this scholarship, interested applicants should first send their CV, short (maximum one page) supporting statement, and 3 referees to Dr. Endre Szili at [email protected] Following this, applicants will receive the initial endorsement from the supervisor or/and get admission to the university. Finally, the applicants shall apply through UniSA online application process.
For more information about this scholarship, refer to the official link.