Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Applications for the Shuttleworth Foundation Fellowship Program 2021 are now open. The Shuttleworth Foundation awards fellowships to individuals to implement their creative idea(s) for social change. Mostly outstanding ideas at the intersection among technology, knowledge, and learning with the openness as a key requirement are welcome by the foundation.
Likewise, the Foundation seeks courageous people with innovative ideas to transform systems, shift thinking, and apply openness in areas of societies that are causing damage or inequality. So, how can you improve these systems, or replace them? What practical solutions do you propose to unearth knowledge and unleash citizens’ potential? Why are you the appropriate person to turn your visions into reality through this program? Therefore, if you have answers to these questions, do apply!
Application deadline: 3 November 2020
Organizing body: Shuttleworth Foundation
Start date: 1 March 2021
Notification of results: 1 January 2021
General theme: Social Change
Topics of fellowship
The Foundation does not have a list of specific topics or call for proposals around one theme; however, it has a sense of what crucial problems could be tackled in the world with a special focus on being open to ideas.
Below are some areas in which the Foundation has already made significant investments.
- Open education
- Open government
- Open science
- Cultural expressions
- The open web
- The environment
- Anyone having an innovative idea or plan can apply to this fellowship.
- Applicants do not need to have a specific level of education; they can be fresh starters or hold a PhD.
- Work experience in the workplace is not a binding requirement.
- Applicants from any nationality or country can apply.
- Being fluent in English and communication ability are required.
- Applicants can be from organizations either for-profit or not-for-profit, but this is not a compulsory condition too.
- Both male and female applicants are eligible.
- And, applicants do not need to be currently developing software.
How to apply?
You can submit an online application for this fellowship program.
The application for this fellowship program consists of:
- The online application form (get from the link below)
- Application video from applicants (no longer than five minutes)
- An up-to-date resume or CV
Note: please make sure to use no more than 1500 characters per essay question.
For additional details of the program and previous work of the Foundation, refer to the Shuttleworth Foundation.
Explore more opportunities: